This Elderflower Sangria with Strawberries is the perfect fizzy & refreshing wine cocktail for the summer. This white sangria with St. Germain is perfect for hosting summer parties on the patio!
Looking for an easy to prepare cocktail that’s perfect for the upcoming summer season?
This White Sangria with Elderflower is just what you need.
It’s the perfect refreshing drink to bring along to picnics or BBQs because it’s light, fizzy, refreshing and served ice cold.
- White Wine – Any dry white wine that you love will work. I like using Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. You can also use a dry rosé wine.
- Elderflower Liqueur – aka St. Germain. This gives the sangria a lovely floral note.
- Sparkling Water – You can also use lemon lime soda or ginger ale if you prefer a sweet sangria.
- Strawberries – Or, swap in another favorite berry like raspberries, muddled blueberries or blackberries. Apples and pears are also delicious.
- Lime – I muddle some lime to give my white sangria a citrusy note. You can also use lemon.
How to make it
- Muddle the limes in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add strawberries, white wine and elderflower liqueur and stir.
- Add ice to the pitcher.
- Top off with club soda or lemon lime soda (if you prefer sweeter sangria).
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and/or edible flowers.
Which white wine is best for sangria?
- For this white wine sangria with berries I’m using Pinot Grigio. Its bright, crisp notes pair perfectly with the strawberries and elderflower liqueur in this berry sangria.
- You can also use Sauvignon Blanc or an unoaked Chardonnay.
- Rosé wine is another delightful option.
How to garnish
I garnished my sangria with some gorgeous edible flowers. I used roses and primroses. Other edible flowers include pansies, lavender, borage and chrysanthemums. Of course, you can always leave out the edible flowers and garnish it with a bit of fresh mint instead.
How long does it last?
- Sangria will last in the refrigerator for up to two days. The longer it sits, the more pronounced the strawberry & lime flavors will become.
More wine cocktail recipes
- French 75 Cocktail Recipe
- Vanilla Bean & Grapefruit Sparkling Cocktails
- Aperol Spritz
- Blackberry Ginger Bellini
- Strawberry Sauvignon Blanc Cocktail
Did you try this white sangria with St. Germain?
If you loved this St. Germain Sangria I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More → 27+ BEST Strawberry Cocktails.
Elderflower Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio (or other dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris)
- 1 cup elderflower liqueur
- 1 lime (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Sparkling water ( or lemon lime soda)
- Mint sprigs
- Edible flowers
- Add lime to a large pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon.
- Add strawberries, wine, elderflower liqueur and stir to combine.
- Add ice and top off with soda water (or soda if you prefer a sweeter sangria).
- Garnish with mint sprigs and edible flowers. Enjoy.
Check out the web story here.
This recipe was originally published in 2019. It was updated in 2023 to add new content. The white sangria recipe with elderflower remains the same. Enjoy!