Try this Strawberry Moscow Mule for a twist on the traditional Moscow Mule cocktail. Fresh strawberries, lime juice, vodka and ginger beer combine together in this delicious and refreshing icy cocktail.
Who doesn’t love a Moscow Mule?
They are seriously the most refreshing cocktail!
Perfect for warm summer evenings on the patio. And, I’ve got to be honest, the cute copper mugs that they’re served in pretty much just win my heart.
But there’s a bonus to those mugs too. Did you know that copper actually helps to keep your beverage cold? Meaning that that icy cold Moscow Mule stays just that much more refreshing as you sip on it. I mean, no one wants a warm cocktail in the summertime…
Today I’m putting a fruity twist on the classic moscow mule recipe by throwing some strawberries into the mix.
Strawberries and lime just seem to be a match made in heaven. Together, they’ve got that sweet and sour thing going on that seems to be one of nature’s perfect flavor combinations.
A quick muddle together in that copper mug helps to get those flavors going and then I pile in the ice, pour in the vodka and top the whole thing off with ginger beer.
You only need four ingredients to make these Strawberry Moscow Mules:
- Ginger Beer – Your ginger beer (not ginger ale) should be slightly sweet, yet still have plenty of spicy ginger flavor. If it’s too sweet, the sugar will cover over all the ginger. My favorite brand of ginger beer is Fever Tree.
- Fresh Lime Juice – Using freshly squeezed lime juice is an absolute must! The store-bought juice just can’t compare to the fresh flavor of a real lime.
- Strawberries – Fresh berries or frozen berries will work.
- Vodka – There are plenty of good vodka brands out there. My personal favorite is Tito’s vodka.
- Fresh Mint Leaves – To garnish, if desired.
How to Make It
- Add the strawberries and lime juice to a copper mug or highball glass.
- Use a muddler (this one is my favorite) to smash the strawberries and lime juice together. (No muddler? You can also use the handle of a wooden spoon.)
- Add a shot of vodka and top your cocktail off with ice cubes and ginger beer. Stir gently.
- Garnish with a sliced berry and a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Make it a mocktail. Simply leave out the vodka.
- Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule. When mudding the strawberries, add a spring of basil as well.
- Switch up the liquor. This cocktails isn’t just delicious with vodka. It’s also amazing with rum, coconut rum, gin, bourbon, or tequila.
- Make it sweeter. If you’d like a sweeter cocktail, you can add in a splash of simple syrup or honey.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Mojito
- Strawberry Dutch Baby
- Strawberry White Wine Cocktail Spritzer
- Strawberry Galette
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Cardamom
- Ricotta Cake with Strawberries
- More → 27+ BEST Strawberry Cocktails
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita
- Spicy Grapefruit Margarita
- Blackberry Bramble
- Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- Mai Tai Recipe
- Raspberry Lime Moscow Mule
- Cherry Moscow Mule
- Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipe
- Blackberry Moscow Mule with Elderflower
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- More → 20+ Moscow Mule Variations
Did you try this strawberry lime mule?
If you loved this flavored moscow mule I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Do you have a favorite summer cocktail recipe that you love? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Strawberry Moscow Mule Recipe
- Add the strawberries and lime juice to a copper mug or glass.
- Use a muddler to smash the strawberries and lime juice together.
- Add a shot of vodka and top your cocktail off with ice and ginger beer. Enjoy!
This recipe was originally published in 2017. It was updated in 2021 to add new photographs, and again in 2023 to add new content. The strawberry mule recipe remains the same. Cheers!
Watch the web story here.