This rustic Strawberry Galette is a quick and easy dessert recipe that can be assembled in just 10 minutes using store-bought, refrigerated pie crust.
I’m going to preface this recipe by saying that the name of this 10-Minute Strawberry Galette can be a little deceptive. I promise that this galette will take you no more than ten minutes to assemble, but the baking time will add on another 35-40 minutes… So, even though this is one of the most easy dessert recipes that you’ll find, there’s still that waiting game where the house fills with the most amazing aroma and you keep peeking into the oven wondering when you can finally dig in!
But, I find that those 35 minutes give you just enough time to wash the (minimal) dishes, pull the ice cream out of the freezer to let it soften a bit, and zone out for half an episode of Real Housewives… Hit pause and then enjoy the rest of the drama with a plate of this Strawberry Galette topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Or… Invite company over and prepare to impress them.
They’ll have no idea you made this Strawberry Galette in less than the amount of time it takes to scroll through all your unread emails for the day…
How to Make a Galette in 10-Minutes:
Start with store-bought, refrigerated pie crust. This isn’t the kind that you find in the freezer that’s already formed into pie tins. You’ll find this stuff in the refrigerator aisle, near those tubes of biscuits and cinnamon rolls… Side note: My mom used to make those cinnamon rolls for us every Thanksgiving and Christmas morning but I haven’t had them in years! I remember looking so forward to them, but now I’m not so sure that they even sound that tempting… Who’s still eating them? Oh, and Toaster Strudels…? They still make those too, right?! I used to love the raspberry ones….
But I promise, this Strawberry Galette is SO much better than tubed cinnamon rolls or pastries that pop up out of the toaster…
The ingredients here are simple, which is perfect because I really wanted the flavor of those beautiful strawberries to shine through.
The strawberries get tossed together with a bit of sugar, vanilla extract, and some flour to help thicken the strawberry juices as they cook away. Then, you just pile them up onto that refrigerated pie crust – Leave about 2 inches around the border and then fold up the crust, pleating it as you go. There’s no need to be fancy here – Instead of calling our pleating style “messy” we call it “rustic.” The more rustic, the better.
To finish things off (and all this is totally optional), I brushed the crust with some egg and sprinkled on some coarse (turbinado) sugar and sliced almonds. The egg helps the crust get nice and golden and the sugar and almonds add a bit of extra texture to the galette.
My final step was to sprinkle some vanilla bean infused salt over the top of the berries, to just give it that little bit of something extra… Again, totally optional.
Can I make a galette with frozen berries?
You can definitely swap in frozen berries for the fresh berries in this recipe. There’s no need to thaw the strawberries and no need to add any extra baking time.
Can I use different fruits in this galette recipe?
Yes! Use what you like. This galette would also be amazing with any of the following fruits:
You can also use a combination of two fruits – peaches and raspberries would be amazing together. Also, have fun experimenting with different spices and flavorings. Try a combination of cardamon with cherries, cinnamon with pears, or drizzle an apple galette with salted caramel or honey.
How to Serve Galette
I like to slice up the galette and serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.
So, impress your friends and serve up this Strawberry Galette at your next dinner party OR be “rustic” and eat it in front of the TV while wearing your PJs and catching up on your DVR playlist…
If you loved this homemade Strawberry Galette I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
10-Minute Strawberry Galette
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 2 full cups strawberries (halved)
- 3 Tablespoons turbinado (coarse sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon turbinado (coarse sugar)
- Vanilla bean infused salt (for sprinkling (optional))
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, gently combine strawberries with sugar, vanilla and 2 tbsp. flour. Add additional flour if the mixture is very wet.
- Gently unfold and lay out pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the strawberry mixture in the center of the crust leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats.
- Brush the egg onto the crust and sprinkle with almonds and sugar. Lightly sprinkle the strawberries with Vanilla sea salt (optional).
- Bake until strawberries are softened and the crust is golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Skillet Cobbler with Cardamom
- Blondies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy 10-Minute Blackberry Galette
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with Hazelnuts & Sea Salt