This Healthy Blackberry Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. Made without banana, it’s amazingly rich and creamy, and packed with Vitamin C.
Have you noticed that most smoothie recipes have banana in them?
I don’t love bananas. I feel like their flavor overtakes all the other ingredients, and they’re almost a little too thick for my liking.
That’s why I made this Blackberry Smoothie without banana.
In this smoothie what really shines are the delicious Oregon blackberries that I’m using. Did you know that more than 90% of U.S. grown, frozen blackberries are from Oregon? With the perfect, fertile soils, warm days and cool nights, Oregon produces the most perfect berries.
Blackberry Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen Blackberries
- Frozen Pineapple
- Greek Yogurt
- Almond Milk
- Honey (optional)
How to Make a Blackberry Smoothie
- Add frozen blackberries, pineapple, yogurt, almond milk, to blender. Process until smooth.
Tips for Making the BEST Blackberry Smoothie:
- Use frozen blackberries and pineapple. They will help thicken the smoothie and keep it extra cold.
- Use whatever type of milk you prefer. Almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk and dairy milk are all great options.
- To make a vegan blackberry smoothie, swap out the dairy yogurt for vegan yogurt, and omit the honey.
- Add flax seeds, hemp seeds, or protein powder to increase the nutritional value of this banana-free smoothie.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
- Green Goodness Smoothie
- Pineapple Peach Mint Smoothie
- Orange Julius Recipe
- 10-Minute Blackberry Galette
- The BEST Blackberry Muffins with Crumble Topping
- Blackberry Moscow Mule with Elderflower
- Blackberry Bellini with Fresh Ginger
- Salmon Tacos with Blackberry Corn Relish
- Sous Vide Blackberry Infused Vodka
If you loved this Blackberry Smoothie recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished smoothie and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
- 3/4 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- Add all ingredients (except honey) to a blender and process until smooth, adding more almond milk if it’s too thick.
- Taste; then add up to 1 Tablespoon of honey if you’d like a sweeter smoothie. Enjoy!
I teamed up with Oregon Berries to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.