This Creamy Coconut Blackberry Mojito recipe is perfect for the summer. Blackberries, mint, rum and lime juice combine with cream of coconut, served up on ice with a sugar-lime rim. Delicious!
Creamy Coconut Blackberry Mojitos
I added some blackberries and cream of coconut to my classic mojito recipe, and served it up with a super addictive lime-sugar rim (that I now want to rim all my cocktails with). The result was heaven. Super refreshing. But with all the feelings of decadence.
Fresh or frozen blackberries will work in this recipe. And I’m a huge fan of Oregon blackberries in particular. In the summer, we’re lucky to have fresh blackberries growing in our backyard, but they normally don’t take off until late in the season. So, I always have a bag of frozen berries on hand in the freezer.
Fun Fact: Did you know that more than 90% of U.S. grown, frozen blackberries are from Oregon? With the perfect, fertile soils, warm days and cool nights, Oregon produces the most perfect berries.
What is the best rum for a mojito?
You’ll want to use light rum in this easy mojito recipe (also called silver rum or white rum). Since rum is the only alcohol in the drink, you want to be sure to use a rum that you love. However, this is also not the time to reach for your most expensive bottle of rum, since its flavor will become diluted.
Creamy coconut blackberry mojito ingredients:
- Rum: white rum or silver rum (or use coconut rum for more coconut flavor)
- Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed
- Fresh Mint
- Cream of Coconut
- Club Soda
You will also need:
How do you make a blackberry mojito?
- Muddle the mint and blackberries. Add the mint and blackberries to a cocktail shaker and use a muddler (or the back of a wooden spoon) to gently muddle the mint and berries.
- Add rum, lime juice, and cream of coconut.
- Shake with ice. Add ice to the cocktail shaker, then cover and shake well, until chilled.
- Strain & top with club soda. Strain the mixture into a highball glass filled with fresh ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint, blackberries and a lime wheel, if desired.
Mocktail Option – Creamy Blackberry Sparkling Mocktails:
If you’re not a drinker, this could easily be made into a refreshing “mocktail” by leaving out the rum.
If you loved this Creamy Blackberry Mojito recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished drink and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More blackberry recipes:
- The BEST Blackberry Muffins with Crumble Topping
- Creme Brulee with Cardamom Roasted Blackberries
- 10-Minute Blackberry Galette
- Blackberry Smoothie Recipe (No Banana)
- Salmon Tacos with Blackberry Corn Relish
- Blackberry Moscow Mule with Elderflower
- Sous Vide Infused Vodka // Blackberry Lemon Drop Martini
- Blackberry Bellini with Fresh Ginger
- Strawberry Mojito – Muddle in some fresh strawberries with the mint.
- Vodka Mojito – Swap out the rum for vodka.
- Tequila Mojito – Swap out the rum for tequila.
- Mojito with Gin – Swap out the rum for gin.
- Coconut Mojito – Simply leave out the blackberries.
More tropical cocktail recipes:
- Mai Tai
- Tropical Pineapple Cocktail Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita with Jalapeno
- Cherry Moscow Mule
- Paloma Cocktail Recipe
Blackberry Mojito Recipe
Creamy Coconut Blackberry Mojitos
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 5 blackberries
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum (or coconut rum)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 ounces cream of coconut (¼ cup)
- Soda water (for topping)
- Mint sprigs (to garnish)
- Lime wheels (to garnish)
Sugar Lime Rim:
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- To make the sugar lime rim, combine the lime zest, sugar, and salt on a shallow plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses then dip into the sugar mixture. Fill with ice.
- Lightly muddle the mint and blackberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the rum, lime juice, cream of coconut and ice and shake.
- Strain into rimmed glass. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig, blackberry and lime wheel.
I teamed up with Oregon Berries to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.