This Paloma Honey Cocktail is a delicious, refreshing cocktail made with grapefruit, honey simple syrup and tequila.
Spring has sprung here in the Pacific NW and it’s begging for this – the Paloma Honey Cocktail! A tequila based beverage which features grapefruit and lime juice, a honey simple syrup and a splash of club soda – Super refreshing and be-U-tiful! I like to rim my glasses with these easy citrus salts which can be made with lemon, lime, grapefruit or orange zest.
I’m a huge fan of using honey in cocktails – It helps add sweetness without using refined sugars, plus it lends an extra element of richness and a creamy flavor. If you have leftover honey simple syrup it will keep in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks – It’s great in iced tea, hot green tea or drizzled on top of sorbet. It also goes into this yummy cocktail, The Bees Knees.
It is supposed to hit 80 degrees here tomorrow – WOO HOO! What ever happened to “April showers bring May flowers”? Here in Oregon, our entire winter was very mild and dry and so far spring has been the same. Our cherry blossoms and daffodils have been in bloom for weeks now and it is beautiful outside. However, everyone is a bit nervous of what this means for our summer. Either it’s going to be SUPER hot or SUPER wet, or (*fingers crossed*) it’ll just be perfect… We shall see!
I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend and that an excellent week is in store for you as well – Cheers!!!
- Honey Simple Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey syrup
- 2 oz club soda
- 2 oz tequila
- ice, as needed
- grapefruit wedges, for garnish
- salt, for rimming (I like to use citrus salts-which you can make here!)
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring often, until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Moisten the rim of serving glass with a grapefruit wedge. Pour salt into small dish. Turn your glass upside down and twist glass around to salt the rim.
- Fill serving glass with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.