Wondering what the best honey cocktails are? From the classic Bee’s Knees cocktail, to a Hot Toddy, and more. There are so many delicious honey drinks to choose from.
Lately, I have been noticing lots of cocktails featuring honey popping up on bar menus around town. Most feature some type of citrus along with honey and are served straight up.
Perhaps bartenders are taking a cue from the Hot Toddy. A classic wintertime drink consisting of whiskey, hot water, honey and lemon and believed to cure colds.
It does make sense though. Honey is a sweetener and can function in any cocktail much like a simple syrup would.
Here are 15+ amazing honey cocktail recipes that highlight it’s rich, sweet flavor.
The BEST Honey Cocktails: The Lineup
Did you try this any of these honey cocktails?
If you loved this roundup of honey cocktail recipes I would appreciate it so much if you would leave a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cocktail and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
More Liquor Guides
- Blackberry Cocktails
- Strawberry Cocktails
- Cherry Cocktails
- Pear Cocktails
- Triple Sec Cocktails
- Vodka Cocktails
- Whiskey Cocktails
- Aperol Cocktails
- Cointreau Cocktails
- Moscow Mule Cocktails
- Creme de Violette Cocktails
15+ BEST Honey Cocktails
Honey Simple Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
Bees Knees Cocktail
- 2 ounces honey simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
Honey Simple Syrup
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring often, until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine 2 ounces of the honey simple syrup, gin, lemon juice and orange juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a small chilled cocktail glass and serve.
- Reserve remaining honey simple syrup for more cocktails.