I’m not a big desert person. Let’s rephrase that – I don’t let myself be a big desert person. I have a sweet tooth that just won’t stop once it gets started. I remember being a kid and having a plate at family potlucks that was overflowing with at least five different deserts!
At this point in my life, I chose to make my breakfast smoothies into my desert for the day. (Most days anyway – Believe me, I can still do some damage in the desert line!!!)
Last week I posted my recipe for this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This week, it’s all about the Strawberry Shortcake! That name also brings back childhood memories of my Strawberry Shortcake doll that was scratch and sniff… I loved that doll, especially because she had red hair like me!But I digresss… Here you go!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1¾ cups coconut milk (from the can)
- ¼ cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.