This Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Red Currant is a perfect appetizer for the holidays and is made with just FOUR ingredients. Serve this delicious baked brie as an appetizer for Thanksgiving or at your holiday dinner table.
Heading to a holiday party? Tasked with bringing a festive appetizer to share? This Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is a recipe that you should definitely have in your arsenal.
- It takes just FOUR ingredients.
- You can assemble it in under 10 minutes.
- It’s absolutely stunning and a definite crowd pleaser!
And while baked brie is a winner of a recipe all on its own, it’s even better when it’s wrapped in puff pastry and topped with this delicious Hero Red Currant Premium Fruit Spread.
Hero, established in 1886 in the quaint village of Lenzburg, Switzerland, is a leader in Europe and my preferred brand because their fruit spreads are made with natural ingredients and have more fruit packed into each jar. But it’s not just available in Europe. You can find it at Ralph’s, Gelsons, Wegmans, Earth Fare, Price Chopper, Walmart, ShopRite, Stop & Shop, ACME, King Kullen, Key Food, Kings, Balducci’s, Fairway, Safeway, Albertsons, Shaw’s, Market Basket, HEB, and Giant Eagle.
I also love that Hero offers so many unique varieties. I topped this baked brie with their Red Currant fruit spread, but it would also be amazing with any of these other Hero Fruit Spread varieties:
- Black Cherry
- Red Raspberry
- Black Currant
How Do You Make Baked Brie in Puff Pastry?
Making baked brie is really easy and only takes four ingredients! Roll out a thawed puff pastry sheet, place a wheel of brie in the middle, load on the fruit spread and fold it all up like a package. Brush it all with an egg wash so that it gets nice and golden and bake in a 400-degree oven for about 35 minutes.
How Do You Thaw Puff Pastry?
If you have the time, it’s best to thaw the puff pastry overnight in the fridge. However, if you’re crunched for time, you can thaw a sheet of puff pastry on your kitchen counter. Just let it thaw until it’s pliable enough to unfold without cracking. It should take about 40 minutes.
What Do You Serve with Baked Brie?
- Sliced Apples
- Sliced Pears
Tips for Making Perfect Baked Brie in Puff Pastry:
- Be sure to let your baked brie cool for 5-10 minutes after baking. This will ensure that your brie firms out a bit, so that it doesn’t ooze out all over when it’s cut into.
- When brushing on the egg wash, be sure to wipe away any egg that pools under the brie so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs.
Why not spread a little goodness this holiday season with Hero Fruit Spread and this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry? I’m guessing it will be a hit at your festive occasion!
If you loved this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Red Currant
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 a box, thawed)
- 1 8-12 ounce wheel Brie cheese
- ⅓ cup Hero Red Currant Premium Fruit Spread
- 1 egg (mixed with one tablespoon of water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wheel of brie in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Add Red Currant Fruit Spread on top of the brie.
- Gently fold over the brie to cover it completely. Use your hand to gently press the edges against the brie and neaten up the sides.
- Move the brie wheel to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush on the egg/water mixture, wiping away any egg collected under the brie on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more holiday appetizer recipes? Be sure to try these too: