This Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie tastes just like pumpkin pie. A healthy blend of almond milk, almond butter, pumpkin & bananas make up this delicious smoothie. Who wouldn’t want to wake up to this in the morning?
Have you looked at the calorie stats on Starbucks’ Pumpkin Latte? A grande has 380 calories. I tried to make myself feel better by ordering a tall, with skim milk, and no whipped cream. It still comes in at 200 calories, and really, it was nothing to write home about.
This Pumpkin Smoothie is.
This healthy pumpkin smoothie is the way to go folks. It’s like a good for you pumpkin pie ice cream that you can have for breakfast! And, unlike a Pumpkin Spice Latte, this actually fills you up and gives you lasting energy to tackle the morning. It’s the best way to start the day!
Plus, it’s super simple to make. Just pop all the ingredients into a high-powered blender, such as the Vitamix, and give everything a whirl. It comes out super frothy and perfectly delicious.
There are tons of nutrients packed in here.
Almond butter provides protein. Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants. And, the flax adds fiber and essential Omega-3 fats. Also, it’s dairy-free and vegan.
🛒 Ingredients Needed
- Almond Milk – or your favorite milk. Oat, cashew, dairy milk all work well.
- Pumpkin Puree – this is the unsweetened pumpkin sold in cans. You can also use homemade pumpkin puree.
- Banana – adds a natural sweetness to the smoothie.
- Almond Butter – or peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter.
- Flaxseed – adds a boost of fiber and nutrients.
- Molasses – adds a rich flavor and hint of sweetness. You can also use maple syrup or honey.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, Ginger – the standard pumpkin pie spices that you LOVE!
📋 How to Make It
- Simply place all the ingredients in a high powered blender and process until smooth.
Note: This pumpkin pie smoothie is definitely thick. So, if your blender is having problems processing it, just add a splash more of almond milk to thin it out a bit.
I’m loving indulging in one of these every morning. Quick and easy, it’s such a delicious morning treat for the fall season. And I’m all for saving up those calories so that I can have an extra large bowl of pasta for dinner. It’s all about priorities, right?
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe that you like to make in the morning? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!
Also, if you loved this Pumpkin Smoothie recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished smoothie and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
🌟 More Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Blackberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie Bowl
- Orange Julius Copycat
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch each of nutmeg, ginger & allspice
- A few ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in your high powered blender and process until smooth.
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe was originally published in November 2014. It was updated in October 2021. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
Check out the web story here.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe (Pumpkin Pie Smoothie)”
Do you think this would work using a Nutribullet instead of the blender?
Definitely! That shouldn’t be a problem at all.