The Aviation Gin Fizz recipe combines Empress 1908 Gin, crème de violette, orgeat and lemon juice. The addition of egg white makes it frothy and delicious.
But today I’m putting a fun twist on that classic cocktail by swapping out the maraschino liqueur for orgeat (an almond flavored syrup) and adding in an egg white to make it frothy, creamy and delicious.
Aviation Gin Fizz Ingredients
- Empress Gin – Not a gin fan? You can also make this cocktail with vodka, though it won’t have that lovely purple color. Learn all about the differences between gin vs. vodka here.
- Lemon Juice
- Creme de Violette
- Egg White
A core ingredient to this gin fizz is the gin.
That’s why I’m using my favorite Empress 1908 Gin in this recipe.
Isn’t it just the prettiest?
The beautiful indigo hue is created from butterfly pea blossom which also gives the gin a subtle, earthy flavor. Paired with seven other botanicals: juniper, rose, coriander seed, grapefruit peel, ginger root, and cinnamon bark, the flavor is perfectly balanced and not only makes for a great gin fizz, but is also a standout in a simple gin & tonic.
How To Make an Aviation Gin Fizz Cocktail:
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Dry shake (without ice) for 20 seconds.
- Add ice and continue shaking for 20 seconds longer.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with maraschino cherries and enjoy.
Note: If you prefer not to use egg whites, you can also use aquafaba, the leftover cooking liquid of chickpeas or other light colored beans. Use 2 Tablespoons of aquafaba for each egg white.
If you loved this Aviation Gin Fizz Cocktail recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cocktail and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings.
More gin cocktail recipes:
- Gin and Tonic Recipe // 3 Ways to Customize
- Bees Knees Cocktail Recipe
- Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe
- French 75 Cocktail Recipe
Aviation Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces Empress 1908 gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¼ ounce creme de violette
- ¼ ounce orgeat
- 1 egg white
- Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Dry shake (without ice) for 20 seconds. Add ice and continue shaking for 20 seconds longer.
- Strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
I teamed up with Empress 1908 Gin to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.