This Cheeseburger Salad is a delicious, low-carb way to enjoy your favorite fast food treat. Topped with an amazing, creamy “special sauce” dressing that takes it to the next level.
When Rick & I go out to eat, we’ll often order a burger and split it. Normally restaurant burgers are way to big for me to eat an entire one, plus, I feel a whole heck of a lot less guilty if I’m only eating half a burger. But, If I am ordering one for myself, I’ll often only eat half of the bun, or even eat it without the bun since I’m not a huge bread person.
Which led me to this idea…
Why not make a burger at home, that’s not really a burger, but more of a mash up between a burger and a salad?
It’s a low carb way to enjoy my favorite parts of the burger – the melty cheese and the amazing special sauce.
You know the special sauce I’m talking about right? The light-orange hued creamy sauce that’s flecked with bits of sour pickle. The kind you’d find on a Big Mac or an “animal style” burger from In-N-Out.
What is Special Sauce Made Of?
- Pickle Relish
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika
Keto Friendly Cheeseburger Salad
- If you’d like to make the special sauce for this Cheeseburger Salad keto-friendly, look for a no-sugar added ketchup and use dill pickle relish rather than the sweet variety.
Other than the special sauce, I kept the ingredients for this Cheeseburger Salad super simple, just like I like my burgers. With a bit of red onion, pickles and tomatoes.
However, you can totally customize this Cheeseburger Salad with your favorite toppings. That’s what makes it so fun!
Cheeseburger Salad Toppings:
What would you top your Cheeseburger Salad with?
Wine Pairings for Burgers:
Snap a picture of your finished salad and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings so that I can see your amazing creation!
If you loved this Cheeseburger Salad I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
More burger recipes:
- Green Chile Cheeseburger Recipe
- Veggie Burgers with Pickled Cabbage & Tahini Sauce
- Red Wine Lamb Burgers with Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onions
- French Dip Burgers
- Red Wine Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish (sweet or dill)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 burger patties
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 romaine hearts (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- Pickle slices
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Preheat grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until no longer pink, about 5 minutes per side. Melt cheddar slices on the burgers.
- Evenly divide lettuce between four plates. Top with tomatoes, onions, and pickles. Slice burger patties and place them on top of each salad. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy.