These Veggie Burgers with Pickled Cabbage & Tahini Sauce are full of flavor & plant protein! Perfect for the grilling season!!
I have a thing for tahini sauce – Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Basil Tahini Sauce, Smashed Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Tahini Sauce, Farro Salad with Basil Lemon Tahini Dressing, Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Basil Tahini Sauce, Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Green Tahini Sauce. So naturally, I had to make room for it on a burger.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe with you for Veggie Burgers with Pickled Cabbage & Tahini Sauce.
Basically a flavor bomb of a burger.
How to Make Pickled Cabbage
This pickled cabbage is super simple, and it only takes 20 minutes. Just combine some shredded red cabbage with apple cider vinegar and salt. Give it a good stir and let it sit. When ready to serve, drain of any excess liquid.
How to Make Tahini Sauce
This tahini sauce combines greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. It’s creamy and tangy. Combine these ingredients then add in up to 2 teaspoons of water until it reaches your desired consistency.
These burgers would also be delicious topped with this White BBQ Sauce.
The BEST Veggie Burgers
I’m using Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods Burgers in this recipe. I recently discovered them and instantly fell in love with their texture. Much like a traditional burger, they have a meaty, juicy taste. On top of that, they provide 26 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber.
More burger recipes:
If you loved this Veggie Burger with Pickled Cabbage I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Veggie Burger Recipe
Veggie Burgers with Pickled Cabbage & Tahini Sauce
- 4 Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods Awesome Burgers (2 packages)
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage (about 5 1/2 oz.)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1-3 teaspoons water
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns (toasted)
- Optional toppings: lettuce (spinach, avocado, tomato, sesame seeds)
- Combine cabbage, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Drain.
- Cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
- Combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin in a bowl. Stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Season with salt, to taste.
- Spread tahini sauce over cut sides of buns; top bottom halves with patties, pickled cabbage, and top halves of buns.
I teamed up with Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.