This is the BEST Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe. It takes less than five minutes to make. Super creamy, tangy and loaded with chunky blue cheese. Drizzle it over a Wedge Salad or serve it alongside some Buffalo Wings.
I used to work at a dive bar. I used to frequent dive bars. Now I work in my PJs at home and spend more time at fancy wineries drinking expensive Pinot rather than in dark bars drinking pints.
But deep inside me, that dive bar girl still exists.
And this dive bar girl loves her buffalo wings and cheap iceberg lettuce salads. I love a classic green salad with canned black olives, cheddar cheese, croutons and a duo of blue cheese and thousand island dressings.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for what I believe to be the BEST blue cheese dressing.
What is Blue Cheese Dressing Made Of?
- Sour Cream
- Blue Cheese
- White Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
That’s it! This classic blue cheese dressing is super simple. You probably even have most of these items on hand already.
Splurge on the good blue cheese. Skip those prepackaged blue cheese crumbles and buy a good wedge of blue cheese from the cheese case. Your dressing will be creamier and its flavor will be far superior.
How Do You Make Blue Cheese?
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
I would recommend letting the dressing sit in the fridge for a few hours if you’re able, just to let its flavors develop. But you can eat it straight away too, if you’re tight on time.
How Long Does Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Last in the Fridge?
- Blue Cheese Dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Is Blue Cheese Dressing Keto?
- Yes! This dressing is low carb, and keto-friendly.
If you agree that this is the best Blue Cheese Dressing recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
How to use blue cheese dressing:
- Salad Dressing
- Vegetable Dip
- Topping for Baked Potatoes – Have you made them in the Instant Pot?
- Dip for Fries – Try these Green Bean Fries or these Zucchini Fries.
- On top of these Smashed Potatoes.
- Tossed into coleslaw.
- With anything buffalo flavored – Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings, Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites, Buffalo Chicken Chili, Buffalo Cauliflower, Buffalo Smashed Potatoes.
More salad dressing recipes:
Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container; the dressing stores in the refrigerator for 1 week.