When life gives you lemons, make delightful desserts! The zesty, refreshing flavor of lemons adds a burst of sunshine to any sweet treat. From tangy tarts to fluffy cakes, lemon desserts are a true celebration of citrus goodness.
In this post, I’m covering 50+ of the best lemon treats.
From the classic lemon bars to the velvety lemon cheesecake, these treats offer a refreshing twist that leaves a lasting impression on your taste buds.
So, whether you’re a fan of tangy tarts, fluffy cakes, or frozen delights, embrace the zest of lemons and embark on a journey through the luscious world of lemon desserts.
Easy Lemon Desserts
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
Did you Make Any of These Lemon Dessert Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of lemon dessert recipes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
50+ Delicious Lemon Desserts
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix well. Slowly add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a sheet of plastic wrap. Flatten the ball into a disc, wrap with the plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- When ready to use, unwrap your dough and place it on a floured surface. Roll the dough to a thickness of ⅛ inch. Using your tart tins as a guide, cut circles that are about 1 inch wider than the tins. I used a small mixing bowl to make the cut. Press the dough into your tart tin. Pass your rolling pin over the top of the tin to trim the extra dough. Alternatively, you can skip the rolling pin and simply press the dough into your tins (skip the fridge if using this method).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the tart shells in the freezer for 15 minutes while your oven preheats. Using a fork, poke holes in bottom of the tart shells. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the filling: Whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon curd, and lemon zest. Once well combined, gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the lemon mixture into each cooled tartlet, and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.