These Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bites are a quick, easy (and EDIBLE) way to get your cookie dough fix. Plus, they’re made with just 5 ingredients!
Raise your hand if you sneak dough from the mixing bowl when you’re making cookies at home…
(I’m raising both hands)
But, unfortunately, we’ve all heard the warnings about salmonella from uncooked eggs. Did you also know that there are warnings about e. coli in raw flour too? I just learned about that one.
So, I whipped up a recipe for us so that we can all get our cookie dough fix in a safe and delicious way. By using almond flour and leaving out those eggs.
Almond flour is made from almonds that have been blanched to remove the skins. They’re ground to a fine texture much like flour. Plus, almond flour is easy to find right in your local grocery store.
Almond flour is gluten free. It’s also paleo and low-carb! Meaning that these cookie dough bites are basically health food in my book.
It only takes 5-ingredients to make these cookie dough bites:
- Almond Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
(There’s also a pinch of salt and some water in there, but I’m assuming you have that on hand already.)
How to Make Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bites
- Combine flour, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, salt and mix.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add water until the mixture is no longer crumbly.
- Roll into balls.
- Let cool in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
Or, you could go the simple route and just eat this cookie dough right out of the mixing bowl…
Can I Use Regular Flour Instead of Almond Flour?
You can definitely use regular flour instead of almond flour in this recipe. If you are concerned about e. coli, you can heat treat the flour by baking it in a 350-degree oven. Sprinkle it evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool before using.
More Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Blondies with Cinnamon Frosting
- Easy Blackberry Galette
- Apple Tartlets with Salted Caramel
- Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Tarts
Did you try this edible cookie dough with almond flour?
If you loved these almond flour cookie dough bites I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and salt, and mix to combine. The mixture will be crumbly. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout.
- Add water by the teaspoonful, mixing to combine after each addition, until the dough begins to clump and come together.
- Scoop dough out about 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place on parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for an hour or in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until mostly firm. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Check out the web story here.