This Jam Cocktail (or Jamtini) is easy to make at home and totally customizable. All you need is your favorite juice, jam, vodka, gin, rum or bourbon and club soda. My favorite version (so far) is made with lemonade & strawberry jam, but there are so many flavor combinations to discover.
This week was fridge clean out week in our house – Which means, being creative, and making due with what’s lurking around in our full-to-the-brim fridge. And, in all honesty, I had a pretty successful week:
- Bacon & Shallot Fried Rice was born from 6 strips of bacon, a half used bag of frozen peas, rice, shallots + eggs.
- Jerk Pork Tenderloin Salad was created with half a pork tenderloin and a bagged sweet potato & kale salad.
- The bottom of a jar of strawberry jam, lemonade, and some vodka from the freezer = This amazing Jam Cocktail!
Then I found a jar of fig jam and a jar of mango jam, and I got to thinking… There’s endless possibilities here. I could create about 15 different cocktails tonight…. But that would be dangerous. And it’s Tuesday.
So… I just created those cocktails in my head. Here’s a few cocktail recipe ideas that I came up with:
Jam Cocktail Recipe Ideas
- Strawberry jam, lemonade and vodka.
- Fig jam, apple juice and bourbon.
- Mango jam, orange juice and rum.
- Raspberry jam, pineapple juice and vodka.
- Blackberry jam, limeade and coconut rum.
- Blueberry jam, apple juice and applejack brandy.
Jam Cocktail Ingredients:
- 2 ounces vodka (or other favorite liquor)
- 1 ounce juice (orange, apple, pineapple, lemonade, limeade)
- 1 spoonful jam (raspberry, strawberry, mango, fig, blueberry, blackberry)
- Soda water
How to Make a Jam Cocktail:
- Add liquor, juice and jam to a mason jar.
- Shake well.
- Add ice.
- Top with soda water and stir gently.
Jam Cocktail Recipe
Mason Jar Jam Cocktail
- 1 ounce of your favorite juice (lemonade, orange, pineapple, apple, cranberry)
- 2 ounces vodka (gin, rum or bourbon)
- 1 heaping spoonful of your favorite jam
- Soda Water
- To a mason jar add the juice, vodka and a heaping spoonful of jam.
- Screw on the lid, and shake well. Add ice and shake again to combine.
- Top off with soda water, stir gently and enjoy.
If you loved this Jam Cocktail recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cocktail and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.