This roundup covers 25+ easy pork butt recipes that are sure to be a hit in the kitchen. From carnitas to pulled pork, these recipes can bring your meal to the next level.
With these 25+ recipes for pork butt, you can now enjoy delicious meals that are easy to make. From classic dishes to bold flavors, there’s something in this post for everyone to enjoy.
Don’t be afraid to try something new – add your own creative twist to these recipes, and you’re sure to end up with something delicious.
First thing’s first…
What is Pork Butt?
Pork butt is a cut of meat that comes from the shoulder of the pig and has a high fat content, while pork shoulder also comes from the shoulder but has more muscle. Both cuts are relatively inexpensive, and work best when cooked low and slow, or in an instant pot.
Because of this, pork butt is great for braising, stewing, smoking or cooking in a slow cooker.
With the right preparation and recipes, pork butt can elevate your meals to the next level with juicy, succulent flavors. Check out these 25+ delicious recipes to try something new!
The BEST Pork Butt Recipes
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Ingredient Guides
- Pork Belly Recipes
- Ground Pork Recipes
- Pork Shoulder Recipes
- Boneless Pork Chop Recipes
- Ground Beef Recipes
- Italian Sausage Recipes
- Ground Turkey Recipes
- Lamb Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of recipes using pork butt. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
25+ BEST Pork Butt Recipes
- 4-6 pound pork shoulder (or pork butt, slightly trimmed of excess fat (bone in or boneless) )
- 1 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 oranges (juiced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, dried oregano, dried basil, cumin, ground coriander, brown sugar, and sweet paprika.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork. Place pork in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour the orange and lime juice over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10-12 hours, or HIGH for 5-6 hours, or until pork is tender and falling apart. Use a fork to shred the meat.
- Preheat oven broiler to HIGH. Arrange the pork in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Taste the pork for saltiness. You may want to sprinkle some additional salt on top.
- Place underneath broiler until tips of pork are browned and slightly crisp, about 3-5 minutes. (Don’t walk away from it. Keep an eye on meat to make sure it doesn’t burn or become overly browned).
- Enjoy in tortillas with your favorite toppings.