This is the BEST Zucchini Bread. It’s flavorful, moist and not overly sweet – It’s the perfect balance of flavors and easy to make at home!
We all know that time of year when the zucchini just start flowing. They seem to pop up out of nowhere…
For me, popping out of nowhere always meant the office breakroom, where everyone would bring in their abundance of zucchinis from their garden. Not my garden… Since I have a severe lack of a green thumb. My plant grew one zucchini last year.
Now that I’ve quit my corporate job, I’m going to be missing all those zukes. But that won’t stop me from making this zucchini bread.
I consider this to be the golden standard of zucchini breads. With hints of cinnamon and vanilla and notes of caramel from the brown sugar. It’s flavorful and moist but not overly sweet.
How to Grate Zucchini
- Wash the zucchini
- Trim off each end
- Using the largest holes of a box grater, grate your zucchini into a large bowl
- Alternatively, if you have a food processor, you can use the shredding disk
Does Zucchini Bread Need to be Refrigerated?
- If you will be consuming the zucchini bread within a couple days, it is best stored on the counter wrapped in plastic wrap. If you’d like your zucchini bread to last longer, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. If you would like to store your zucchini bread for a longer period of time, it can be frozen for up to three months.
Can Zucchini Bread Be Frozen?
- Yes. To store zucchini bread in the freezer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then tin foil. It will last for up to three months.
How Long Does Zucchini Bread Last?
- On the Counter – 3 days
- In the Refrigerator – 1 week
- In the Freezer – 3 months
If you loved this Zucchini Bread recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished loaf and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
The BEST Zucchini Bread
This is the BEST Zucchini Bread. It's flavorful, moist and not overly sweet - It's the perfect balance of flavors and easy to make at home!
- 3 cups grated zucchini about 4
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and whisk in until just combined.
Fold in grated zucchini until just incorporated.
Pour into two greased 9x5-inch loaf pans.
Bake 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Let cool.