Ricotta Mousse can be made in just 10-minutes with 4 simple ingredients. This no-bake raspberry mousse is a creamy, decadent dessert that can be made ahead of time for dinner parties.
This is one of those desserts that’s rich & decadent without being too rich.
It’s delicately flavored with fresh raspberries and a bit of powdered sugar, but other than that, the only other ingredients are whipping cream and ricotta cheese.
The ricotta cheese is what gives this mousse it’s decadent body and richness. It’s dense, creamy and delicious.
But the best part of this mousse is that it takes only 10-minutes to prepare, with just 4-ingredients! Then, just assemble your mousse into individual serving dishes (like jars, ramekins, or wine glasses) and let it chill for about an hour in the fridge.
Can I Thicken Mousse without Gelatin?
Many mousse recipes call for gelatin to help thicken it. But I didn’t want to fool around with measuring and dissolving the gelatin, so my recipe does not use it.
The trick to ensuring that your mousse stays thick, and not watery, is to gently fold in the whipped cream. Work it in in three phases, folding gently after each add-in. You’ll also want to be sure to refrigerate the ricotta mousse for at least an hour before serving to help it firm up a bit.
Ricotta Mousse Ingredients:
- Ricotta Cheese
- Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Ricotta Mousse
- Puree ricotta and raspberries in a blender until smooth, set aside.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold cream into ricotta.
- Spoon into serving bowls and refrigerate at least one hour.
Can you Make Mousse Ahead of Time?
- You can definitely make this mousse ahead of time. Simply store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
How Long Can Mousse be Refrigerated?
- This mousse will keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to four days.
Ricotta Mousse Recipe
Ricotta Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Ricotta Mousse can be made in just 10-minutes with 4 simple ingredients. This no-bake, make-ahead raspberry mousse is a creamy, decadent and delicious.
- 1 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries
- Mint sprigs
- Purée ricotta and raspberries in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream until thick. Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
Fold in cream into the ricotta mixture in 3 stages. Spoon the mousse into serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs and serve.
Mousse will keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to four days.
If you loved this Ricotta Mousse I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dessert and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.