Wondering how to cook with daikon radishes? Here are 15+ super tasty daikon radish recipes. From salads, to stews, main dishes and more!
What is daikon radish?
Daikon radish is a root vegetable that is long and tubular. Daikons are most commonly found in the white variety, that almost looks like a white carrot. But they come in other colors as well.
Daikons are often used in Asian cuisines. They are crunchy, with a sweet flavor, and a mild, peppery bite. Compared to red radishes, they are much larger and milder in flavor with a less spicy taste.
Where do you buy daikon radishes?
Daikons are widely available and can be found in most major grocery stores. They are also commonly sold at Asian grocery stores and markets.
The BEST Daikon Radish Recipes
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these daikon radish recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Ingredient Guides
- Brussel Sprout Recipes
- Italian Sausage Recipes
- Lamb Recipes
- Ricotta Recipes
- Ground Beef Recipes
- Ground Turkey Recipes
- Gnocchi Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Daikon Radish Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of recipes using daikon radishes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
15+ BEST Daikon Radish Recipes
- 1 pound daikon radish (white Korean radish)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Korean red pepper powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced )
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Peel the radish and cut into really thin strips. (I used a julienne peeler for this)
- Place the radish in a medium bowl and toss with red pepper powder, sugar, salt, green onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle the mixture with vinegar and mix well.
- Adjust to taste, adding additional salt, sugar or vinegar, if needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.