I’m serving up these Oven Roasted Carrots elote style. Similar to how you’d dress grilled street corn, these delicious tender carrots are topped with lime, crumbled cheese, jalapenos and cilantro. So crazy good!
I’m trying to remember back to the first time I tried Mexican Street Corn … I can’t recall exactly when it was, but I do know that I was instantly hooked. It’s grilled corn that’s slathered in a tangy cream sauce and sprinkled with chili powder, cotija cheese and fresh cilantro. Really, it’s hard for me to eat corn on the cob any other way now. I love it so much that I even made it into these Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos.
In an effort to get even more street corn flavor into my life I came up with the idea of topping roasted carrots with all those same flavors going on – chili powder, cumin, tangy lime juice, creamy cotija cheese and spicy jalapenos. And as much as I love glazed carrots, these have taken over reign in our house.
I mean, these are so good you guys!
I’m roasting these carrots in the oven, since we don’t happen to have a grill at the moment. But these would also be amazing thrown on a hot grill – they’ll get nice and smoky and caramelized.
How to make oven roasted carrots:
- Cut in half lengthwise
How long do you roast carrots in the oven?
- Roast carrots 15-20 minutes at 450-degrees. When carrots are done, they will pierce easily with a fork.
Wine pairings for roasted carrots:
- Try a creamy, fruit forward Viognier or unoaked Chardonnay. Fruit-forward, with a bit of body to them, they stand up nicely to the spices on the carrots.
If you loved this recipe for Oven Roasted Carrots I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More roasted vegetable recipes:
- Roasted Miso Cauliflower
- Roasted Fennel Pasta with Ricotta
- Cauliflower Salad with Roasted Chickpeas & Quinoa
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction & Cranberries
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Basil Tahini Sauce
More street corn style recipes:
Oven Roasted Carrots (Elote Style)
- 1 ½ pounds small to medium carrots (peeled and halved lengthwise)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 ounces cotija (queso fresco, parmesan or feta, crumbled)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Arrange carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, toss with chili powder and cumin, and season with salt & pepper.
- Roast 15-20 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, jalapeno, garlic and honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange carrots on a serving platter and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro and crumbled cheese.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in 2020. It was updated in 2021 to add new photographs. The original recipe remains the same. Enjoy!