This 30-Minute Honey Dijon Chicken is perfect for weeknight dinners. It’s easy to throw together, cooks in one pan and is ready in a hurry!
Hey guys! How’s this for a fancy dinner for you? Can I tell you that it’s really easy to throw together and forget about? This baked honey mustard chicken came out even prettier and tastier than I had expected.
As a side note, can you guess what I got for an early birthday present? I’m SUPER EXCITED that I received an awesome new camera so that I can share better pictures with you! No more iPhone pictures!!! However, this camera is WAY more confusing than I expected it to be. It’s going to be a huge learning process, but I think that my pictures in this post are much improved…
What Goes with Honey Dijon Chicken?
- I served this dish with a side of mashed potatoes to soak up all that amazing sauce.
- You could also serve this chicken with a side of instant pot quinoa or rice.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 3 - 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
In a small bowl, combine mustard, honey, and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in an oven safe sauté pan or dutch oven.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1 - 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Place the chicken tenderloins on top of the onion and garlic mixture, or if the pan you cooked the onion and garlic in is not oven safe, transfer the onion and garlic to an oven safe dish and add the chicken to it. Salt and pepper the tops of the chicken according to your personal preference.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture on top of the chicken. Arrange the rosemary sprigs around the chicken in the pan.
- Bake the chicken covered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover, baste the chicken with the sauce, and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes uncovered, or until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.
If you loved this Honey Dijon Chicken I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Wine Pairings for Honey Dijon Chicken:
- The sweet flavors of the honey in this dish tame down the sweetness in the wine that you choose to pair with it. I chose a dry Rosé. This would also be great paired with a dry Riesling.