This grilled broccolini is topped with a tangy apple cider vinaigrette and marcona almonds for a delicious crunch. It’s a perfect crowd-pleasing side dish.
This Grilled Broccolini with Apple Cider Vinaigrette is the perfect fall side dish. The smoky grilled broccolini pairs so well with the vinaigrette that’s made with apple cider, dijon mustard and shallots. But, to take things even further, I topped this grilled broccolini with some chopped up marcona almonds. They add such a yummy crunch.
I tend to always have marcona almonds on hand, so I used those in this recipe. But, this grilled broccolini would also be amazing topped with chopped hazelnuts or toasted pine nuts.
Grilling is my favorite way to prepare broccolini. I love how it keeps that bright green color and its crispness when it’s grilled.
However, when it’s chilly outside, you can also make this dish in the oven, or prepared on an indoor grill.
This veggie side dish is perfect for holiday get togethers like Thanksgiving and Christmas because the broccolini can be grilled ahead of time and served at room temperature. Just be sure to hold off on tossing it with the vinaigrette until just before you’re ready to serve.
Would you serve this Grilled Broccolini with Apple Cider Vinaigrette at your Thanksgiving dinner? What are your favorite healthy side dishes to serve alongside turkey? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
What to Serve with Grilled Broccolini:
If you loved this Grilled Broccolini recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me onInstagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes:
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Basil Tahini Sauce
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Grilled Peppers
- The Best Glazed Carrots
- Miso Roasted Cauliflower
Grilled Broccolini Recipe
Grilled Broccolini with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh apple cider
- 1 ½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 pounds broccolini
- 2 Tablespoons chopped marcona almonds
- Turn on the grill and allow to preheat.
- Whisk together cider, vinegar, shallot, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, then add 3 tablespoons of the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking to form an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Rinse the broccolini, dry it thoroughly and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss it with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until evenly coated. Place on the grill grate and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter. Drizzle the cider vinaigrette on the broccoli rabe. Toss gently to coat and sprinkle on almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.