Wondering what the best sauces for pumpkin gnocchi are? There are so many great options! From brown butter sauce to creamy alfredo, and more! Here are some of the BEST pumpkin gnocchi sauces to try tonight!
Serving pumpkin gnocchi for dinner? Let’s sauce things up!
From browned butter sauce to rich & creamy alfredo sauce, there’s something for every palate. So, don’t be afraid to mix it up and try something new this fall.
Pick one of your favorite pumpkin gnocchi sauces from the list below, add a couple gnocchi side dishes, and you’re guaranteed an amazing dinner!
PS – Don’t forget about the best wine with pasta (or gnocchi) options too.
How to Cook Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add your pumpkin gnocchi and cook until they begin to float (meaning they are done). It should take about 90 seconds. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon.
- Toss with one of the amazing sauces below!
- Boil the gnocchi following the steps above.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the gnocchi in the skillet in a single layer (work in batches if needed).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the gnocchi are lightly browned and crispy.
- Toss with one of the gnocchi sauces below!
Tip: These sauces are also delicious with sweet potato gnocchi.
The BEST Sauces for Pumpkin Gnocchi
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these sauces can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Sauce Recipes
- Sauces for Ravioli
- Sauces for Tortellini
- Sauces for Gnocchi
- Sauces for Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Sauces for Pumpkin Ravioli
- Sauces for Tortellini
What to Serve with Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Arugula Salad
- Radicchio Salad with Olives & Parmesan
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Fennel and Chickpea Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Mustard & Parmesan
- MORE —> 35+ amazing sides for gnocchi!
Did you try this any of these sauce recipes?
If you loved this roundup of sauces for pumpkin gnocchi, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
15+ Delicious Sauces for Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 bunch kale (about 1 pound, ribs removed, coarsely chopped)
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin purée
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (divided)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and lightly grease a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions, adding the kale for the last minute. Drain the gnocchi and kale, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, cream, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Add the gnocchi and kale, gruyere, mozzarella and ½ cup parmesan and toss to combine.
- Transfer the gnocchi to the baking dish, then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!