These Stuffed Artichoke Hearts take all the work out of actually stuffing an artichoke. Canned artichoke hearts are arranged in a dish and topped with a “stuffing” of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic.
Easy Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
As a child growing up, I have fond memories of my Nana’s stuffed artichokes. Large bulbs that have had each of their leaves stuffed with a garlicky, herbed bread crumb mixture. Pulling off each leaf and scraping the meaty portion away with my teeth. They were one of my favorite treats. My Nana was a great cook, and, unfortunately, I didn’t take advantage of the cooking lessons that she could have provided me. Now, I’m left to try to recreate her recipes by remembering the tastes of her dishes.
This is a variation on those stuffed artichokes. Here I’m using just the hearts. They are arranged in a baking dish and sprinkled with that same breadcrumb mixture consisting of garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese. Psst… There’s anchovies in there too, but it doesn’t taste fishy. The anchovies are cooked until they disintegrate, just leaving a nice nutty flavor.
I’m still going to attempt to make those whole stuffed artichokes one of these days. However, for days that fresh artichokes aren’t available, or for a dish that’ll feed a crowd, try this alternate approach. Also, It’s easy to keep all of these ingredients on hand – Canned artichoke hearts, breadcrumbs and anchovies can all be kept in your pantry until ready to use. Serve alongside this lovely roasted chicken for a full meal deal!
- Farro Salad with Basil Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes (with Crispy Skins)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction & Cranberries
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Basil Tahini Sauce
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
If you loved these Stuffed Artichokes I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Stuffed Artichoke Hearts Recipe
Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
- 2 15-ounce cans quartered artichoke hearts in water (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Salt and Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain your artichoke hearts well and arrange in a baking dish, cut side up. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the hearts.
- Heat olive oil and butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add anchovies and garlic. Cook, breaking up with a spoon, until the anchovies have dissolved into the butter.
- Add bread crumbs and toast over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Off heat, stir in parsley, parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Pour the bread crumb mixture over the artichoke hearts.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes. Serve warm.