This Thai noodle salad is one of my favorites for the warm summer months. Inspired by Bun Bo Xao, it’s a rice noodle salad that’s tossed with lots of fresh herbs and veggies and dressed with a tangy, rice wine vinegar dressing. It’s served cold and is simply delicious!
What’s in Vietnamese Noodle Salad dressing?
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Fish Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Brown Sugar
How do you make Vietnamese Noodle Salad?
- Cook the noodles (according to package directions).
- Make the dressing – by whisking all ingredients together.
- Toss cooked and cooled noodles with dressing.
- Combine with fresh herbs & veggies.
Is Bun Bo Xao vegetarian?
- I made this Vietnamese Noodle Salad vegetarian as written. However, it would also be delicious topped with these curry lime chicken skewers, grilled pork, or shrimp skewers.
Wine Pairings for Vietnamese Noodle Salad:
- A medium-bodied, wine with some good citrus to it makes a great match – try a Sauvignon Blanc or Vinho Verde.
- Rosé is another great option.
If you loved this vermicelli noodles recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
- Vietnamese Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Pho Recipe
- Banh Mi Tacos with Grilled Pork
Asian Salad Recipes:
Vietnamese Noodle Salad Recipe (Bun Bo Xao)
Vietnamese Noodle Salad (Bun Bo Xao)
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic (grated or minced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 2 carrots (julienned)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing and vegetables. Top with fresh herbs and chopped peanuts. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!