In less than 10 minutes, you’ll be enjoying a delicious cheesy air fryer quesadilla with this simple recipe!
We all need a recipe that’s quick and easy to toss together after a long day. Just like my canned tuna pasta and tortellini skillet lasagna, this recipe goes from idea to table with almost no effort.
These air fryer quesadillas are perfectly toasted, cheesy, and ready in less than 10 minutes. Plus, you only need three basic ingredients and can customize them with hearty fillings or dips.
Enjoy these quesadillas as a quick dinner, a snack, or a party appetizer. Perfect for dinner alone or a small crowd.
Add all the fixings like quesadilla sauce, guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream, or snack on them plain. You can’t go wrong with this classic finger food!
🛒 Air fryer quesadilla ingredients
- Flour tortillas – Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to choose a tortilla anywhere from 6 to 10 inches. “Taco” or 8-inch tortillas will work in most air fryers.
- Shredded cheese – I use shredded cheddar, but feel free to mix it up!
- Cooking spray
- Optional: Shredded chicken – For a heartier, higher protein quesadilla, use pre-cooked shredded chicken, either from a rotisserie chicken or my favorite instant pot shredded chicken recipe.
- Optional: Seasoned browned ground beef or ground turkey – Brown some ground meat with taco seasoning and add it to your quesadillas.
👩🍳How to make it
- In each tortilla, add cheese and chicken (if using) to one-half. Fold the other half on top and spray with cooking spray.
- Place each quesadilla, sprayed side down, into the air fryer, and spray the (now top) side with cooking spray.
- Tip: If you have one available, place a cooking rack or metal trivet on top of the tortillas, this will help them from flying open as they cook.
- Air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. Flip and continue air frying for an additional 2 minutes.
While this recipe is perfect for one or two people, just double or triple it if you’re serving more than one or two people.
🍽 What to serve with quesadillas
Cheese quesadillas are great by themselves or dressed up with all of the fixings. You can add shredded chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, black beans, or pinto beans to the cheese before air frying if you prefer. Try some of these sides to serve with them for a filling Mexican-inspired meal!
- Quesadilla Sauce
- Pico de gallo
- Chipotle salsa
- Fresh mango salsa
- Refried beans
- Mexican Black Beans
- Chipotle crema
- Cilantro lime crema
- MORE → 40+ sides for quesadillas.
🥣 How to meal prep, store, and reheat recipe
If you make more quesadillas than you can eat, just store the leftovers wrapped in plastic or tinfoil in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, place the quesadillas back into the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes, then flip and air fry for another 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
ℹ️ Recipe FAQs
If you have leftover quesadillas, heating them up in the air fryer is a perfect choice! Just set your air fryer to 350 and heat for 3-4 minutes, flip and heat for another 2-3 minutes or until warmed through and toasty.
The ideal temperature for making quesadillas in the air fryer is 370 degrees Fahrenheit. The quesadillas should be toasty and warm after 6-8 minutes. If you preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370 degrees, your quesadilla may only take 4-6 minutes to air fry.
Did you try these air fryer quesadillas?
If you loved these quesadillas, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Facebook.
More handheld meal ideas
If you love easy handheld meals, you’ll love these other recipes!
More easy air fryer recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Chicken Thighs
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Roasted Garlic
- Crispy Falafel
PS – Don’t forget this yummy Quesadilla Sauce!
Air Fryer Quesadillas Recipe
- 2-4 flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray (or olive oil for brushing)
- ½ cup shredded chicken (optional )
- Lay two tortillas out and top one half of each tortilla with cheese (and chicken, if using).
- Fold each tortilla in half and spray the top with cooking spray (or brush with olive oil).
- Pace each folded tortilla, sprayed side down, in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- If you have one available, place a cooking rack or metal trivet on top of the tortillas.
- Air fry at 370-degrees for 6 minutes. Flip then continue air frying for 2 minutes longer.