This is the BEST Quesadilla Sauce. Creamy & flavor-packed with just a hint of spice, this easy sauce comes together in just 5-minutes!
Quesadillas are a classic Mexican dish that can be enjoyed as either a meal or a snack. But it wouldn’t be complete without a flavorful and creamy quesadilla sauce to dip them in!
I’ll teach you how to make a delicious and indulgent quesadilla sauce at home with just a few simple ingredients.
But, it’s not just for quesadillas!
With a million different uses under its belt, this creamy sauce will enhance the flavor of everything in which it’s added. All you need is a blender or food processor and 5 minutes to whip it up!
PS – These Air Fryer Quesadillas are my absolute favorite. They’re so quick & easy!
- Sour Cream – Regular or fat-free.
- Mayonnaise – Regular or fat-free.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce – Look for these canned peppers in the Mexican foods aisle.
- Lime Zest & Juice
How to make it
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until the sauce is smooth. Give it a taste to see if you need to add more salt.
- Serve the quesadilla sauce right away or refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- If you don’t have chipotles in adobo, use chipotle powder or smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne instead. You can also use jalapenos, though they won’t have the same smoky flavor.
- Vegan quesadilla sauce: Replace the mayonnaise and sour cream with plant based alternatives.
- For extra spice, blend an additional chipotle pepper in the sauce or add a pinch or two of cayenne.
- To lighten it up, replace the mayonnaise or sour cream with plain Greek yogurt.
How to use quesadilla sauce
This sauce isn’t just delicious on quesadillas. It’s also amazing on any of these dishes:
- With seafood: Drizzle some on top of fish taco bowls, salmon, or shrimp skewers.
- As a dip: For zucchini fries, sweet potato fries, air fryer shrimp, chicken wings and tenders.
- As a dressing: On burrito bowls, buddha bowls, southwest salad, street corn chicken tacos, and stuffed poblano peppers.
- As a spread: On sandwiches, paninis, and hamburgers.
How to make ahead & store
- This quesadilla sauce stores well in a sealed jar or squeeze bottle in the fridge. Use it up within 5 days.
- The texture of the sauce will naturally thicken as it sits in the fridge. If it’s too thick, stir in a little lime juice or a splash of water until it thins out.
What to serve with quesadillas
Quesadillas are great by themselves or dressed up with all of the fixings. You can add shredded chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, black beans, or pinto beans to the cheese before air frying if you prefer. Try some of these sides to serve with them for a filling Mexican-inspired meal!
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- More → 40+ sides for quesadillas
More quesadilla sauces
Did you try this quesadilla sauce recipe?
If you loved this quesadilla sauce, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Quesadilla Sauce Recipe
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
- Transfer to a jar or squeeze bottle and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.