Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls are packed with calcium, protein & vitamins. They’re the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
Now that the New Year is here, it’s time to start thinking nutrition again.
One of my worst habits is not eating breakfast in the morning.
Most days, I’ll drink a cup of coffee and call it good until lunchtime.
But my resolution for the New Year is to make more of an effort to start the day with a healthy meal.
These simple, healthy Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls are my new favorite way to start the day, and I’m sharing my five favorite topping ideas. They’re quick and easy to throw together with simple toppings and Greek yogurt and they’re high in calcium, protein and fiber.
How Do You Make Breakfast Bowls?
To make these breakfast bowls, you need three key ingredients: Greek yogurt, fruit & crunch:
- My favorite Greek yogurt to use in these breakfast bowls is nonfat Greek yogurt. I love that you can buy it in a large size so that you can create different Greek yogurt bowls each day.
What to Mix with Greek Yogurt
- Toasted Coconut
- Macadamia Nuts
- Chia Seeds
- Nut Butter
- Spices (turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- Maple Syrup
- Bee Pollen
Tips for Making Breakfast Bowls with Greek Yogurt:
- Look for your crunchy bits in the bulk section of your grocery store. It’s a great place to find add-ins like coconut flakes, granola, chia seeds and nuts and you don’t have to buy a large amount at once. That way you can have fun switching up your combinations from day to day.
- This time of year, it can be difficult to find fresh fruit. No worries! You can also use frozen fruit to top your breakfast bowls!
- These breakfast bowls are great when you’re entertaining. You can set out lots of different toppings and your guests can customize their bowls.
I’m sharing my five favorite Greek yogurt breakfast bowl topping ideas below. But be sure to have fun with this and come up with your combination!
Greek Yogurt + Pink Grapefruit + Mango + Pomegranate + Granola
Greek Yogurt + Fresh Pineapple + Toasted Coconut + Macadamia Nuts
Triple Berry + Banana
Greek Yogurt + Strawberries + Raspberries + Blackberries + Banana + Sliced Almonds
Greek Yogurt + Blueberries + Granola + Peanut Butter + Cinnamon
Greek Yogurt + Strawberries + Kiwi Fruit
I’d love to see a shot of your finished breakfast bowl! Snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies with Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt
- Ricotta Toast
- Spinach Scrambled Eggs
- Blackberry Muffins
- Bacon Breakfast Tostadas
- Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake
- Migas with Seasoned Black Beans
PS – Be sure to check out these 45+ ways to use Greek yogurt too!
Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowls // 5 Ways
- Greek Yogurt + Fresh Pineapple + Toasted Coconut + Macadamia Nuts
- Greek Yogurt + Strawberries + Kiwi Fruit + Chia Seeds
- Greek Yogurt + Blueberries + Granola + Peanut Butter + Cinnamon
- Greek Yogurt + Pink Grapefruit + Persimmon + Pomegranate + Granola
Triple Berry + Banana
- Greek Yogurt + Strawberries + Raspberries + Blackberries + Banana + Sliced Almonds
- Place Greek Yogurt in Bowl.
- Top with fresh fruits, nuts, and granola, as desired.