Wondering what the best sauces for brisket are? I’ve got you covered with this handy guide. From this classic barbecue sauce recipe to Alabama white BBQ sauce, and more.
Your Favorite Brisket Recipe + an Amazing Sauce = PERFECTION!
When serving brisket for dinner, there are 4 essentials:
- Napkins. Lots of napkins. Especially if a saucy brisket is involved.
- Some really stellar side dishes for brisket.
- Wine. Here are 7 bottles that pair perfectly with barbecue.
- And, of course, a delicious sauce recipe!
These are some of my favorite sauces to serve with sous vide brisket, a brisket sandwich, and smoked brisket. And the good news is they’re easy to make too!
So, skip the store-bought bbq sauces, and try out something new with great flavor.
Pair your sauced up brisket with a with a couple beef brisket side dishes, find a bottle of wine that’s perfect with BBQ, and you’re guaranteed an amazing meal!
Let’s dig in!
The BEST Sauces for Brisket
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these brisket sauce recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
How to Sauce Brisket
Beef brisket is usually served dry with the sauce on the side. However, you can drizzle sauce on a brisket sandwich. Either way, serving sauce with brisket is a great way to add flavor and moisture to the tender meat.
More Sauce Recipes
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Ribs
- Sauces for Pulled Pork
- Sauces for Pork Chops
- Sauces for Beef
- Sauces for Fish
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Sushi
- Sauces for Tacos
What Side Goes Good with Brisket?
- Vinegar Slaw
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Apple & Celery Root Slaw
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- MORE —> 35+ easy sides for beef brisket
What Seasoning Goes Good on Brisket?
- Dry Rub
- Cajun Seasoning
- Salt + Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder + Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dark Brown Sugar
Did you Make Any of These Sauces for Brisket?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of brisket sauce recipes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
PS – Don’t forget about these side dishes for brisket!
17+ BEST Sauces for Brisket
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water (or brisket drippings from sous vide)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Honey Barbecue Sauce: Add 2 Tablespoons honey.
- Maple Barbecue Sauce: Add 2 Tablespoons maple syrup.
- Smoky Barbecue Sauce: Add 2 teaspoons liquid smoke.
- Spicy Barbecue Sauce: Add cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Bourbon Barbecue Sauce: Add 1/4 cup bourbon before simmering.
- Red Wine Barbecue Sauce: Add 1/4 cup red wine before simmering (I love Pinot Noir or Zinfandel for this).