Looking for some tasty Indian chicken recipes for dinner or lunch? There are so many great options! From Indian Butter Chicken, to Chicken Curries, Tikka Masla, and more! Here are 27+ delicious chicken Indian dishes to try at home!
Below are some classic Indian chicken dishes that you may or may not have tried.
Some of these, like Chicken Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Masala are traditional Indian cuisine, while others, like this Instant Pot Butter Chicken, are more new-school with an Indian flavor twist. But the one thing they all have in common is that they’re super delicious and easy to prepare!
Find something everyone will love with these 27+ Indian foods featuring chicken.
The BEST Indian Chicken Recipes to Try Out!
🕕 How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these chicken Indian recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
🍷 Wine Pairings for Indian Food
- Indian dishes are heavily spiced and rich with complex flavors and aromas. The key is pairing the complexity with a fruity, cold wine like a sweet Riesling or a floral Rosé.
- A crisp Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc also pair well with the spicy, savory flavors.
More Indian Inspired Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Indian Chicken Dishes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of chicken Indian recipes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Be sure to check out these 30+ vegetarian Indian recipes too!
27+ BEST Indian Chicken Recipes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 2-inch pieces (or breasts))
- 1 ½ cups bone broth (or chicken broth)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Greek yogurt for topping
- Naan (for serving)
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and heat olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, salt & pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the chicken thighs. There should be enough liquid to cover the chicken, so add additional broth or water, if needed.
- Cover and seal the lid – turn the vent to sealing. Hit CANCEL then press the MANUAL (high pressure) button and set the timer to 10 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes for Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
- Once the 10 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, hit CANCEL then press SAUTE. Whisk together cornstarch and water and add to Instant Pot with coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and greek yogurt.
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: Store tightly sealed for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight it the fridge before reheating.
- To reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the stove, adding a splash of water or chicken broth, if needed.