Looking for some tasty Indian soups for dinner or lunch? There are so many great options! From Mulligatawny Soup, to Curried Butternut Squash Soup, Tikka Masla Soup, and more! Here are 20+ delicious Indian soup recipes to try at home!
Below are some classic Indian soup recipes that you may or may not have tried.
Some of these, like Mulligatawny Soup are traditional Indian cuisine, while others, like Tikka Masala Soup and Butter Chicken Soup, are more new-school with an Indian flavor twist. But the one thing they all have in common is that they’re super delicious and easy to prepare!
Find something everyone will love with these 20+ Indian soups.
Be sure to check out these Indian appetizers, side dishes, Indian chicken recipes and vegetarian Indian recipes too. Plus, for more inspiration, here’s 50+ Indian Foods. And finish off your meal with one of these Indian desserts.
The BEST Indian Soups
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these Indian soup recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
Wine Pairings for Indian Food
- Indian dishes are heavily spiced and rich with complex flavors and aromas. The key is pairing the complexity with a fruity, cold wine like a sweet Riesling or a floral Rosé.
- A crisp Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc also pair well with the spicy, savory flavors.
More Indian-Inspired Recipes
- Indian Appetizers
- Indian Side Dishes
- Indian Chicken Recipes
- Vegetarian Indian Recipes
- 50+ Indian Foods
- Indian Desserts
Did you Make Any of These Indian Soups?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of Indian soup recipes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
20+ BEST Indian Soups
Curried Butternut Squash Soup:
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs. Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped)
- 2 apples (peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped)
- 2 medium sweet onions (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 13.66 oz. cans coconut milk
- 5 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, add olive oil, butternut squash, apples and onions. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and simmer for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth with either an immersion blender or a regular blender in batches.