Do you love asparagus but want to take it up a notch? Look no further! These 15+ unique and delicious sauces for asparagus will elevate your veggie game and leave your taste buds wanting more.
Looking for ways to spice up your asparagus?
Check out these 15+ unique and delicious sauces that will take your asparagus from bland to flavorful. From tangy lemon butter to creamy bearnaise sauce, these sauces will leave your taste buds wanting more.
The BEST Sauces for Asparagus
How to make ahead and store
Many of these asparagus sauce recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More sauce recipes
- Sauces for Broccoli
- Sauces for Cabbage
- Sauces for Carrots
- Sauces for Cauliflower
- Sauces for Eggplant
- Sauces for Green Beans
- Sauces for Chicken Tenders
- Sauces for Burgers
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Prime Rib
- Sauces for Pulled Pork
- Sauces for Pork Chops
- Sauces for Sushi
- Sauces for Tacos
Did you make any of these sauces for asparagus?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of delicious asparagus sauces. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
15+ BEST Sauces for Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or grated)
- Set sous vide to 180-degrees.
- Trim the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Add the asparagus, butter and a couple heavy butter knives or spoons to a FoodSaver bag and seal using a vacuum sealer. Alternatively, you can use a ziploc bag and the water displacement method. (The butter knives help to keep the bag weighed down in the water).
- Cook for 8-12 minutes based on the cooking chart below.
- Remove from water bath, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese after cooking and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Before sealing, add garlic to bag of asparagus and butter.
- Pencil Thin Asparagus: 8 Minutes
- Medium Asparagus: 10 Minutes
- Thick Asparagus: 12 Minutes