Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup topped with bacon, cheese and chives is the perfect comfort-food, and it’s keto-friendly. Just add all the ingredients to your crockpot and go!
This post was originally published in 2020. It was updated in 2022 to add new information. The recipe remains the same. Enjoy!
Cauliflower is a perfect, low-carb swap in recipes! Mashed Cauliflower, Cauliflower Fried Rice, and Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are just a few favorites in our house. But my favorite cauliflower dish of all time may be this slow cooker cauliflower cheese soup.
And though my instant pot has been getting more and more attention lately, I’m making this cauliflower and leek soup in the slow cooker.
I love the fact that you can just dump everything into the crockpot in the morning, and then have dinner waiting for you in the evening. It’s especially useful if you work during the day, or if you’re out and about with the kids, or if you have a potluck to attend.
This is one of those magical slow cooker recipes where there’s no browning or extra steps required. You just throw everything into the pot and let it cook away. You can even add everything to the slow cooker insert the night before, stick it in the fridge, and put it in the crockpot the next morning. That makes things extra easy!
Then, when you get home, just use an immersion blender to blend it to that amazing, creamy consistency, and stir in some heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
🛒 Ingredients needed
- Cauliflower – You can take a shortcut by purchasing pre-cut cauliflower florets in the produce department.
- Leeks & Celery
- Chicken Broth – Or, swap in my slow cooker bone broth or instant pot bone broth. Or, use vegetable broth for a vegetarian soup.
- Cheddar Cheese – Or, use your favorite cheese. Swiss, pepper jack, and monterey jack would all be delicious.
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
📋 How to make it
- Add cauliflower, leeks, celery, garlic, chicken broth and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and pulse (in batches if needed) until smooth.
- Add cheese and heavy cream, and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with desired toppings. (I love a dollop of sour cream!)
🥄 Topping ideas
- Cauliflower Ham Soup: Add 2 cups cooked, cubed ham.
- Cauliflower Potato Soup: Add 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into same size pieces as cauliflower. You may need to add additional milk.
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup: Add 3 cups chopped broccoli, cut into same size pieces as cauliflower.
- Curry Cauliflower Soup: Add 1 Tbsp. curry powder before cooking.
- Spicy Cauliflower Soup: Add 2 chipotle peppers, or swap out the cheddar cheese for pepper jack.
🕕 How long will it keep in the fridge?
- It will keep for up to five days stored tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
❄️ Can I freeze it?
- Yes! Store tightly sealed for up to three months.
ℹ️ Recipe FAQs
Your soup may simply need more seasoning. This can be due to the type of broth that you’re using, as some brands have more salt than others. Simply season your soup with more salt and pepper, to taste.
Yes! This soup is keto-friendly.
There are 286 calories in a bowl of this cauliflower cheese soup.
There are 10 carbs in a bowl of this cauliflower soup.
🍽 More slow cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Slow Cooker Osso Buco
- Slow Cooker “Better Than Botox” Bone Broth
🥣 More soup recipes
- Avgolemono Soup (Lemon Chicken Soup with Dill)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Quinoa Soup
- Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Tomato Bisque
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup with Fresh Dill
- Potato Cheese Soup with Smoky Chipotle
- Healthy Potato Leek Soup
Did you Make This Crock Pot Cauliflower Soup?
If you loved this crockpot cauliflower soup recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower (rough chopped)
- 1 cup leeks (washed and sliced(white parts only))
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cabot sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cooked and crumbed bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Add cauliflower, leeks, celery, garlic, chicken broth and pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add cheese and heavy cream, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with desired toppings.
I teamed up with Cabot to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
1 thought on “Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup (Cheesy + Creamy)”
Great recipe! Nice to find a meat free way to use up those heads of cauliflower! A hit with kids too