Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup topped with bacon, cheese and chives is the perfect comfort-food, and it’s keto-friendly. Just add all the ingredients to your crockpot and go!
Cauliflower is a perfect, low-carb swap in recipes! Mashed Cauliflower, Cauliflower Fried Rice, and Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are just a few favorites in our house. But my favorite cauliflower dish of all time may be this easy cauliflower soup.
I love the fact that you can just dump everything into the crockpot in the morning, and then have dinner waiting for you in the evening. It’s especially useful if you work during the day, or if you’re out and about with the kids, or if you have a potluck to attend.
This is one of those magical slow cooker recipes where there’s no browning or extra steps required. You just throw everything into the pot and let it cook away. You can even add everything to the slow cooker insert the night before, stick it in the fridge, and put it in the crockpot the next morning. That makes things extra easy!
Then, when you get home, just use an immersion blender to blend it to that amazing, creamy consistency, and stir in some heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
I love using sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe. And Cabot makes one of my favorites! They have so many varieties to choose from, but I’m using their New York Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese in this recipe. However, if you’d like a spicy soup, try swapping it out for their pepper jack. For a pop of color, I topped the bowls with some shredded Cabot Medium Cheddar Cheese.
Ingredients in slow cooker cauliflower cheese soup:
- Chicken Broth
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
Is cauliflower soup keto?
- Yes! This soup is keto-friendly.
What do you top cauliflower soup with?
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Chives or Green Onions
- Hot Sauce
- Toasted Pine Nuts
Cauliflower soup variations:
- Cauliflower and Ham Soup: Add 2 cups cooked, cubed ham.
- Cauliflower Potato Soup: Add 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into same size pieces as cauliflower. You may need to add additional milk.
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup: Add 3 cups chopped broccoli, cut into same size pieces as cauliflower.
- Curry Cauliflower Soup: Add 1 Tbsp. curry powder before cooking.
- Spicy Cauliflower Soup: Add 2 chipotle peppers, or swap out the cheddar cheese for pepper jack.
How long will it keep in the fridge?
- It will keep for up to five days stored tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze cauliflower soup?
- Yes! Store tightly sealed for up to three months.
If you loved this Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
- Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lamb Curry
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Slow Cooker Osso Buco
- Slow Cooker “Better Than Botox” Bone Broth
- Avgolemono Soup (Lemon Chicken Soup with Dill)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Quinoa Soup
- 30-Minute Tomato Bisque Soup
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup with Fresh Dill
- Potato Cheese Soup with Smoky Chipotle
- Healthy Potato Leek Soup
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup recipe
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower (rough chopped)
- 1 cup leeks (washed and sliced(white parts only))
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cabot sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cooked and crumbed bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Add cauliflower, leeks, celery, garlic, chicken broth and pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add cheese and heavy cream, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with desired toppings.
I teamed up with Cabot to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.