Looking for a tasty meatball sauce? This handy guide covers all of the best sauces for meatballs – creamy sauces, tomato sauces, curry sauces and more!
Meatballs are a classic crowd pleaser. Whether you’re looking for the perfect dipping sauce to serve with meatball appetizers or the perfect sauce to top off the perfect meatball sub, there are plenty of sauce recipes available to choose from.
This blog post will help you find new and delicious ideas for sauces to serve up with your meatballs.
From quick and easy recipes to fun and creative ideas, there’s a sauce for meatballs for every palate.
Pick one of your favorite meatball sauces from the list below, add a couple meatball side dishes, and you’re guaranteed an amazing dinner!
The BEST Sauces for Meatballs
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these meatball sauces can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Sauce Recipes
- Sauces for Ravioli
- Sauces for Tortellini
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Pulled Pork
- Sauces for Pork Chops
- Sauces for Beef
- Sauces for Fish
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Sushi
- Sauces for Tacos
What to Serve with Saucy Meatballs
- Arugula Salad
- Radicchio Salad with Olives & Parmesan
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Fennel and Chickpea Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Mustard & Parmesan
- MORE → 25+ amazing sides for meatballs!
Did you Make Any of These Meatball Sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sauces for meatballs. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
30+ BEST Sauces for Meatballs
Coconut Curry Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can (14 ounce full-fat coconut milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (or finely minced ginger)
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro and/or basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 fresh mango (diced)
- 1 serrano pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- Steamed rice
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, and green onions. Mix until just combined.
- Form the meat into tablespoons sized balls (about 15-20 meatballs) and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until shallot becomes translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce and ginger. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked meatballs and simmer about 5 minutes, until they’re well coated in the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in spinach, lime juice, cilantro and/or basil. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Combine mango, serrano, lime zest and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Serve meatballs and curry sauce over bowls of rice topped with spicy mango mixture.