These 3-ingredient Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are quick and easy to make, super crunchy, and light. They’re perfect for dunking in salsa, guacamole, hummus, and more!
These Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are a delicious and easy snack you can make in minutes. Thanks to the air fryer, these homemade chips cook so quickly and always turn out crispy without needing much oil. So, they’re a healthy-ish snacking option!
All you need are 3 ingredients to make air fryer tortilla chips:
- Corn OR four tortillas (this will also work with low-carb tortillas)
- Olive oil cooking spray
It doesn’t get much easier than that! Never again will a heaping bowl of guacamole or cheesy enchilada dip be lonely with these homemade tortilla chips by their side. The best part? No more dealing with messy deep fryer oil or long baking times again!
How to make tortilla chips in the air fryer
Stack the tortillas on top of each other and slice them with a sharp knife like a pizza (you can also use a pizza cutter). You should have 8 equal wedges when you’re done.
Lightly spray the chips with oil and sprinkle salt on top.
Arrange the tortilla wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook until they’re crispy, making sure to toss the batch halfway through. Serve with dip and enjoy!
Tips and tricks
- To get uniform tortilla chips, only air fry one tortilla (or 8 wedges) at a time so that they don’t overlap.
- Or you can speed things up by cooking 3 tortillas at a time. This is quicker but will result in chips that aren’t as uniform. Make sure to shake the basket every 2 minutes so they all cook and crisp evenly!
- Make sure you have an oil spritzer on standby so the tortilla wedges can be coated evenly.
- If you don’t have an oil spritzer, use a pastry brush to brush the oil on the uncut tortillas first.
- Hit the chips with tons of flavor when they’re done! Once they come out of the air fryer, squeeze some lime juice on top or toss them in a seasoning mix. My favorite is 1 teaspoon each of chili powder and cumin, or my homemade taco seasoning.
Yes! Simply omit the oil if you’d prefer oil free tortilla chips.
This can happen when you don’t work in batches or pile too many tortilla wedges on top of each other in the air fryer. The air and heat won’t circulate around the chips, resulting in them steaming instead of air frying.
Yes! Just use my baked tortilla chips recipe instead.
Store your tortilla chips in an airtight container after they’ve cooled completely. They’ll stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Corn Queso Dip
- Pineapple Salsa
- Whipped Feta
- Pico de Gallo
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Mango Salsa
- Cheesy Lentils and Rice
- Artichoke Queso Blanco
- Jalapeno Sesame Salsa
More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Toasted Ravioli
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Frozen Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
More Mexican food recipes
- Mexican Meatballs (Albondigas)
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Easy Cauliflower Tacos
- Street Corn Salad
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
Did you try these tortilla chips in the air fryer?
If you loved these air fried tortilla chips I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Looking for more ways to use up tortillas? Here’s 45+ recipes that use corn tortillas!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe
- Slice tortillas into 8 equal wedges.
- Lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat air fryer to 340-degrees.
Single Layer (for flat chips):
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer (you will need to work in batches) and cook for 6-8 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Multiple Layer (faster – curly chips):
- You can also cook 3 tortillas at once. They won’t be in a single layer, so you will need to toss them every 2 minutes to ensure more even cooking. Also, they won’t cook flat like the chips cooked in a single layer, however, you can cook more chips at once this way.