This Cauliflower Tacos recipe features a tasty cilantro lime crema and is so easy! The perfect tasty healthy alternative for taco night!
Interested in more healthy taco recipes? Try out my Sweet Potato Tacos, Fish Taco Bowls and Quinoa Burrito Bowls too!
Looking for something healthy for Taco Tuesday? You’ve got to try these Cauliflower Tacos! Topped with a zesty cilantro lime crema that makes them extra delicious.
For even more homemade freshness, try my Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe to give this recipe an added boost. Plus, the taco seasoning can be saved for up to six months after making it.
What are the basics needed for cauliflower tacos recipe?
- Olive Oil
- Taco Seasoning
- Tortillas, warmed
How should the cauliflower be prepped?
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets that are all about the same size.
- Arrange cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Toss to combine and arrange cauliflower in a single layer.
What temperature should the cauliflower be pre-heated?
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
How long does the cauliflower need to bake for?
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip florets over. After that, continue to bake, 15–20 minutes longer, until browned and crisp. (This is a good time to add your tortillas to the oven, bake wrapped in foil for 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, make the lime crema while the cauliflower is baking.
What is needed for the cilantro lime crema?
- Sour Cream
- Clove Garlic
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Pepitas (Optional)
- Crumbled Cotija Cheese or Queso Fresco (Optional)
What is the best way to prepare the cilantro lime crema?
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I have a full post on how to make cilantro lime crema.
Similar to my Sweet Potato Tacos, you could also top these with this yummy, smoky chipotle crema.
What ingredients are best served with cauliflower tacos and cilantro lime crema?
- Red Cabbage
- Lime wedges
What to serve with them:
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Oven Roasted Carrots (Elote Style)
- Southwest Salad
- MORE —> Taco Sides
Wine pairings for cauliflower tacos:
- Vinho Verde
- Grüner Veltliner
- Sauvignon Blanc
If you loved this healthy recipe, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
More taco recipes:
- 7+ Tasty Taco Sauce Recipes
- 39+ Sides for Tacos
- Taco Zucchini Boats
- Korean Tacos with Bulgogi Beef
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Salmon Tacos with Blackberry Corn Relish
- Instant Pot Cuban Mojo Pork
- Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Crema
Be sure to check out these 25+ Mexican Desserts too!
Cauliflower Tacos Recipe
- 7 cups 3 medium heads cauliflower, cut into 1-2” pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
Cilantro Lime Crema:
- ¾ cup sour cream (regular or fat-free)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (regular or fat-free)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup pepitas (optional)
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco (optional)
- tortillas, warmed
- red cabbage
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Arrange cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Toss to combine and arrange cauliflower in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip florets over. Continue to bake, 15–20 minutes longer, until browned and crisp. (This is a good time to add your tortillas to the oven, bake wrapped in foil for 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, make the lime crema. Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Check out the web story here.
3 thoughts on “Easy Cauliflower Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema”
Immensely flavorful and once you have all the ingredients ready, cooking goes easily. My family is already asking for a repeat! Thank you so much!
We’ve been eating them on repeat at our house too Reichel!
This recipe is definitely in the recipe rotation in my house! Very flavorful and it takes no time to make!