This Golden Milk Latte Concentrate is easy to make ahead. When you want to enjoy a Golden Milk Latte simply combine this healthy vanilla-scented turmeric blend with your favorite milk and enjoy warm or cold.
I have a new nighttime obsession.
No, it’s not the newest season of the Real Housewives.
It’s this Golden Milk Latte. It’s warm, creamy and delicious, and flavored with vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. It’s basically like a hug in a mug. But the best part of this Golden Milk Latte? It’s super healthy for you because the same thing that gives this Golden Latte its stunning color is also packed with loads of health benefits.
What are the Health Benefits of Golden Milk?
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has loads of health benefits, which makes it super beneficial. Here are some of the top benefits of drinking golden milk nightly:
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports brain functioning and improves memory
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves mood
What Does Golden Milk Taste Like?
- Golden milk tastes rich and creamy and is delicately spiced. It’s a bit like eggnog or even a bowl of brown sugar oatmeal. The cinnamon really shines through, as does the vanilla.
How Do You Make Golden Milk?
To make this Golden Milk Latte, I first create a concentrate with coconut milk, honey, turmeric, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. That way, when I want to enjoy a cup, all I have to do is add four tablespoons to a cup of milk and stir.
I love combining the golden milk concentrate with Bolthouse Farms® Vanilla Plant Protein Milk for even more vanilla flavor and added health benefits. Their Plant Protein Milk is a non-dairy plant-based milk made with pea protein. It boasts 50% more calcium than dairy milk and a whopping 10 grams of protein per serving. Look for it in the refrigerated natural foods section at Fred Meyer.
Why Black Pepper in Golden Milk Latte?
- Adding black pepper to golden milk actually increases your body’s ability to absorb the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin.
How Long Does Golden Milk Last?
- This golden milk latte concentrate will last in the fridge for up to five days.
I prefer to use full-fat coconut milk in this Golden Milk Latte recipe. When opening the can, be sure to shake it first so that the solids and liquids combine. You will have leftover coconut milk after making the turmeric concentrate. You can either add the coconut milk to your coffee in the morning, or you can freeze it. Note that the coconut milk will separate when frozen. Simply use a blender or immersion blender to re-emulsify it.
Golden Milk Latte Recipe
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 star anise pod
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch cardamom
- Whisk mix ingredients together until well combined.
- When ready to serve, blend or whisk 4 Tablespoons mix with 1 cup milk. Serve warm or chilled.
If you loved this Golden Milk Latte I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished latte and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
This post was is in sponsorship with Kroger and Bolthouse Farms. All opinions expressed on my site are my own.
Looking for more recipes that use turmeric? Be sure to try these too: