This Golden Milk recipe is easy to make ahead. When you want to enjoy a Golden Milk Latte simply combine this healthy vanilla-scented turmeric concentrate blend with your favorite milk and enjoy warm or cold.
I have a new nighttime obsession.
No, it’s not the newest season of the Real Housewives.
It’s this Golden Milk Latte. It’s warm, creamy and delicious, and flavored with vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. It’s basically like a hug in a mug. But the best part of? It’s super healthy for you because the same thing that gives this yummy beverage its stunning color is also packed with loads of health benefits.
Golden Milk benefits:
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has loads of health benefits, which makes it super beneficial. Here are some of the top benefits of drinking golden milk nightly:
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports brain functioning and improves memory
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves mood
What does it taste like?
- Golden milk tastes rich and creamy and is delicately spiced. It’s a bit like eggnog or even a bowl of brown sugar oatmeal. The cinnamon really shines through, as does the vanilla.
How do you make Golden Milk?
First create a concentrate with coconut milk, honey, turmeric, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. When you want to enjoy a cup, just add four tablespoons to a cup of milk and stir.
Tip: I love combining the golden milk concentrate with vanilla almond milk or oat milk to give even more vanilla flavor. It’s also delicious combined with traditional milk or soy milk.
Why black pepper?
- Adding black pepper to golden milk actually increases your body’s ability to absorb the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin.
How long does it last?
- This concentrate will last in the fridge for up to five days.
I prefer to use full-fat coconut milk in this recipe. When opening the can, be sure to shake it first so that the solids and liquids combine. You will have leftover coconut milk after making the turmeric concentrate. You can either add the coconut milk to your coffee in the morning, or you can freeze it. Note that the coconut milk will separate when frozen. Simply use a blender or immersion blender to re-emulsify it.
More recipes that use turmeric:
More warm beverages to enjoy:
If you loved this Golden Milk Latte I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished latte and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Traditional Golden Milk Latte Recipe
Golden Milk Latte Recipe
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 star anise pod
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch cardamom
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (almond, oat, soy, etc. )
- Whisk mix ingredients together until well combined.
- When ready to serve, blend or whisk 4 Tablespoons mix with 1 cup milk. Serve warm or chilled.