This Golden Milk Latte recipe is easy to make ahead. When you want to enjoy a Turmeric Latte simply combine this healthy vanilla-scented turmeric concentrate blend with your favorite milk and enjoy warm or cold.
I have a new nighttime obsession.
No, it’s not the newest season of the Real Housewives.
It’s this Golden Milk Latte. It’s warm, creamy and delicious, and flavored with vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. It’s basically like a hug in a mug. But the best part of? It’s super healthy for you because the same thing that gives this yummy beverage its stunning color is also packed with loads of health benefits.
Golden Milk benefits
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has loads of health benefits, which makes it super beneficial. Here are some of the top benefits of drinking golden milk nightly:
- Reduces inflammation (so it’s great for those with arthritis)
- Supports brain functioning and improves memory
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves mood
What does it taste like?
- Golden milk tastes rich and creamy and is delicately spiced. It’s a bit like eggnog or even a bowl of brown sugar oatmeal. The cinnamon really shines through, as does the vanilla.
- Coconut Milk – I prefer to use full-fat coconut milk in this recipe. When opening the can, be sure to shake it first so that the solids and liquids combine.
- Spices – Ground turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper (more on the pepper below).
- Optional Add Ins – Star anise pod, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cardamom.
- To Serve – Your favorite milk. You can use almond, oat, soy or dairy milk.
If you’d like a sweeter latte, you can stir in some honey or maple syrup.
Tip: You will have leftover coconut milk after making the turmeric concentrate. You can either add the coconut milk to your coffee in the morning, or you can freeze it. Note that the coconut milk will separate when frozen. Simply use a blender or immersion blender to re-emulsify it.
How do you make a Golden Milk Latte?
This recipe starts off by making a concentrate with coconut milk, honey, turmeric, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. Simply combine those ingredients and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This recipe makes 1 1/4 cups of concentrate, enough for five golden milk turmeric lattes.
When you want to enjoy a cup, simply add 4 Tablespoons of the concentrate to a cup of warm (or cold milk) and blend or whisk to combine.
Tip: I love combining the golden milk concentrate with vanilla almond milk or oat milk to give even more vanilla flavor. It’s also delicious combined with traditional milk or soy milk.
Why black pepper?
- Adding black pepper to golden milk actually increases your body’s ability to absorb the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin.
How long does it last?
- This concentrate will last in the fridge for up to five days.
Is there caffeine in a golden latte?
As written, this recipe does not have caffeine. However, you can add a shot of espresso to your golden milk for an extra caffeine boost.
More Recipes that Use Turmeric
More Warm Beverages to Enjoy
Did you Make This Golden Latte recipe?
If you loved this turmeric milk latte I would appreciate it so much if you would give the recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Golden Milk Latte Recipe
Golden Milk Concentrate:
- 1 star anise pod
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch cardamom
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (almond, oat, soy, etc. )
- Whisk concentrate ingredients together until well combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days. You will have enough mix to make five turmeric lattes.
- When ready to serve, blend or whisk 4 Tablespoons of the concentrate with 1 cup milk. Serve warm or chilled.
This golden milk concentrate post was originally published in 2019. It was updated in 2023 to add new content. The golden milk recipe remains the same. Enjoy!