Wondering how to use up that can of condensed milk? Here are 35+ amazingly delicious condensed milk recipes. From sweet treats, to beverages and more!
Condensed milk is a versatile and beloved ingredient that adds a rich and creamy touch to a wide range of desserts and treats. Whether you’re looking for a sweet indulgence or a delightful addition to your morning coffee, condensed milk can elevate your recipes to a whole new level.
In this post, we’ll explore 35+ delectable recipes that make great use of condensed milk.
But first, let’s answer some common FAQs about condensed milk.
FAQs About Condensed Milk
Condensed milk is a thick and sweet milk product made by removing most of the water content from regular milk and adding sugar. The result is a concentrated and creamy liquid with a slightly caramelized flavor
Condensed milk is not a direct substitute for regular milk in most recipes. It is better suited for sweet dishes, desserts, and beverages where its concentrated sweetness and creamy texture are desired.
Unopened condensed milk can be stored in a cool and dry place, such as a pantry, for up to a year beyond its printed expiration date. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and consumed within a week or as directed on the packaging.
Yes, you can freeze condensed milk! If you have leftover condensed milk or want to stock up, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using and give it a good stir to restore its smooth consistency.
The BEST Recipes Using Condensed Milk
Now, let’s dive into the mouthwatering recipes that showcase the versatility of condensed milk:
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Dairy Guides
- Ricotta Recipes
- Recipes that Use Buttermilk
- Mozzarella Recipes
- Recipes that Use Sour Cream
- Recipes that Use Heavy Cream
Did you Make Any of These Condensed Milk Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of recipes that use condensed milk. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
35+ Condensed Milk Recipes
- 3 cans sweetened condensed milk (or as many as you would like to make and that fit in your pot)
- Remove the label from your cans and remove as much of the glue as possible.
- Place the cans in a large pot and add enough water to the pot to cover the cans by 2-inches.
- Bring the water to a low boil over medium-high heat. Then, reduce the heat to its lowest setting and let simmer for 3 1/2 hours. Important, make sure the cans are fully submerged at all times, adding additional water if needed during the cooking process. I like to cover my pot to cut back on the evaporation.
- Remove the pot from the heat and leave the cans in the water. Let the water in the pot and the cans come to room temperature. Careful: Opening the cans while still hot can cause sputtering and burns.
- Store the cans in the refrigerator. Unopened cans will last up to three months. Once opened, the dulce de leche will last about one week in the fridge.