These Butterscotch Energy Bites are the perfect healthy treat to keep you energized all day long!
I have to admit that I almost NEVER eat breakfast. They say that it’s the most important meal of the day, but it’s never really appealed to me. I’m not a big fan of eggs, which seem to be the basis for most breakfast dishes. I’m not a bacon aficionado either (GASP!). If I do manage to get anything in my system in the morning (besides coffee), it’s usually a green smoothie or a granola bar – Quick and easy. So, these no-bake energy bites are right up my alley.
These energy bites are a bit like no-bake cookies – Oats, cinnamon, and coconut are combined with flax seed and almond butter for a healthy dose of protein. And, of course, don’t forget those butterscotch chips! Cookies for breakfast? I’m on board for that! This makes a large batch, so you’ll have plenty on hand for grab and go breakfasts/snacks throughout the week.
Energy Bites Recipe
Butterscotch Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal dry
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes toasted
- 1/2 cup almond butter peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place bowl in the fridge for at least a half hour.
- Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.