Butterscotch Energy Bites are the perfect healthy treat to keep you energized all day long! These no-bake energy bites will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week and are perfect for grab-and-go breakfasts.
I have to admit that I almost NEVER eat breakfast. They say that it’s the most important meal of the day, but it’s never really appealed to me. I’m not a big fan of eggs, which seem to be the basis for most breakfast dishes. And I’m not really a bacon aficionado either (GASP!).
These energy bites are a bit like no-bake cookies. Oats, cinnamon, and coconut are combined with flax seed and almond butter for a healthy dose of protein. And, of course, don’t forget those butterscotch chips! Cookies for breakfast? I’m on board for that. In fact, I’ve even created a couple breakfast cookie recipes:
Breakfast Cookie Recipes
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies with Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies with White Chocolate
This recipe makes a large batch of energy bites, so you’ll have plenty on hand for grab and go breakfasts and snacks throughout the week. Plus, they will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
No Bake Energy Bites Ingredients:
- Coconut flakes
- Almond butter
- Flax seed
- Vanilla extract
- Butterscotch chips
Feel free to play around with this standard recipe too. You can swap out the butterscotch chips for chocolate chips, or even dried blueberries, dried strawberries or dried cranberries.
It helps to mix the ingredients together then place the mixture in the fridge for an hour before rolling into balls. This makes them easier to form and hold together better.
Energy Bites Recipe
Butterscotch Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal dry
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes toasted
- 1/2 cup almond butter peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place bowl in the fridge for at least a half hour.
- Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you loved these Butterscotch Energy Bites I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Easy Snack Bites Recipes:
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Sausage Bites in White Wine with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Cookie Dough Bites with Almond Flour
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites // 5 Ways (Starbucks Copycat)