These Blueberry Breakfast Cookies with White Chocolate are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts.
Today, I’m setting out to change things with these Blueberry & White Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Cookies. I love this recipe because you can make a huge batch of these on the weekend and then eat them throughout the week. You can even stash them in the freezer for up to a month! These quinoa breakfast cookies are my new morning obsession.
Not only do they give you an energy boost, but they’re packed with fiber and protein too. All those nutrients come from the healthy grains in these breakfast cookies – Quinoa, steel cut oats and whole wheat flour. And all of those healthy grains come from my favorite local producer – Bob’s Red Mill. I love how many different products they offer and that they’re certified USDA organic too. About half of my pantry is stocked with Bob’s…
To sweeten things up a bit, I threw in some applesauce and brown sugar, but the true stars in this recipe are the blueberries and the white chocolate chips. I love that combination together – Like berries and cream…
These quinoa breakfast cookies taste like a mashup of a cookie and a muffin. They’re a bit like a muffin top, without all the crumbliness… and they bake up right on a cookie sheet.
But the best part of these quinoa breakfast cookies is that you can totally customize them. After digging into these blueberry & white chocolate cookies for about a week, I was ready to change things up a bit. The next weekend I made quinoa breakfast cookies with raspberries and dark chocolate. And the next weekend? Quinoa breakfast cookies with some pumpkin and pecans thrown into the mix. Up next? Maybe some holiday inspired quinoa breakfast cookies with cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
How would you customize your quinoa breakfast cookies? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
Breakfast Cookies Recipe
Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
Blueberry Breakfast Cookies are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1 cup cooked Bob's Red Mill quinoa cooled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the applesauce and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into liquid ingredients and mix until combined. Add the oats and mix to combine. Gently fold in the quinoa, blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough in 1-tablespoon portions onto prepared sheets, spacing 1” apart.
- Bake cookies until golden, 12–15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
DO AHEAD: Store cooled cookies airtight at room temperature for 1 day, or freeze for up to 1 month.
If you loved these Blueberry Breakfast Cookies I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished cookies and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Disclosure: I teamed up with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.