These 20 Last Minute DIY Edible Holiday Gifts are easy to make in an afternoon and make perfect Christmas gifts to give to all of your foodie friends.
Christmas is officially less than a week away. Who’s been a slacker like me, and put off things ’til the last minute? This weekend, I was scouring the web for new, fun and creative ideas for DIY edible holiday gifts. Typically, I make vanilla extract and treat my friends each to a bottle for Christmas. It’s always been a big hit, and it’s simple to make, but it takes at least a month for the extraction process to complete.
This year I was in desperate need of ideas for quick and easy gifts. I’m not wanting to do a lot of baking, but I want to give gifts that are appreciated and cute too! The 20 edible gift ideas below are all on my radar… They can be made in an afternoon, the day before Christmas. Which would you choose?
Edible Holiday Gifts
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix – Quick & easy homemade gingerbread spice mix.
- Bacon Salt. It’s amazing sprinkled over roasted vegetables, scrambled eggs, or a big juicy steak. But my absolute favorite thing to do with Bacon Salt? Use it as a salt rim for Bloody Marys.
- 5-Minute Cashew Chocolate Spread. There is literally no better hostess gift than this Cashew Chocolate Spread. All you need is 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, a Vitamix blender and a pretty jar.
- White Chocolate Covered Peppermint Pretzel Sticks. Make these using gourmet, white milk chocolate chips, peppermint, and pretzel sticks.
- Easy Citrus Salts. These Easy Citrus Salts are simple to make at home using the zest of fresh citrus and coarse kosher salt. They make amazing DIY food gifts and can be used to season lots of amazing dishes!
- Boozy Bacon Jam. Make a perfect hostess gift for all your holiday parties, or your co workers, or anyone that is hard to buy for!
- Easy Homemade Grenadine. Homemade grenadine is easy to make and it tastes much better than anything you can buy from the store! This easy homemade grenadine recipe makes delicious cocktails, and is a great holiday food gift, too!
- Red Wine Salt from Two Loves.
- Candy Cane Vodka. This DIY Candy Cane Vodka makes a fabulous Christmas gift and it’s ready in less than an hour!
- 15-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce. This 15-Minute Easy Salted Caramel Sauce makes it easy to create the most amazingly delicious, rich salted caramel topping in a hurry!
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Scones Gift Jar. The best gifts come from the heart. With that in mind, this Christmas season why not make a simple, homemade gift for that special foodie in your life!
- Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Buckeye Bars. No-bake and 3-ingredients. Everything you love in buckeye balls made into a bar!
- Hot Cocoa Mix. The perfect blend of chocolatey flavor with one little secret ingredient makes this the Very Best Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe around. Rich, chocolatey flavor that’s perfectly creamy….great for cold winter nights and fantastic as a homemade gift.
- DIY Infused Oils. DIY infused oils make the perfect Christmas gift (or just a way to spice up your regular olive oils). They are super easy to make.
- Baileys Chocolate Sauce.
- Dry Rub for Ribs. Dry Rub for Ribs (DIY Spice Rub Jars) make a great gift for those that love ribs, and double as a pretty talking piece that can brighten up a kitchen or living room.
- Coffee Toffee from My Kitchen Love.
- Homemade Cookie Butter from A Beautiful Mess.
- Chai Tea Kit. Keep everyone you know warm and cozy this winter with a cute jar of chai spice mix.
- Microwave Caramels. These make one of the best homemade gifts and no one will know how easy it was for your to make them!