Roasted sweet potatoes combine with tangy feta cheese and hearty kale & farro. Toss it all together with a delicious tahini dressing for the perfect Fall dish!
Thanks to my Baked Feta Pasta with Lamb & Calabrian Chiles, I’ve discovered that feta cheese becomes amazingly delicious when you bake it.
And, while that pasta dish is amazing, I wanted to switch things up a bit… with these feta sweet potatoes!
This is the perfect dish for Fall.
- It’s comforting.
- It’s warming.
- It’s dressed up with a fall favorite flavor – maple.
Not only am I roasting that block of feta with maple, but I’m adding it to the dressing as well.
Guys, as much as you’re going to love that roasted feta, you’re going to love the dressing even more!
Rich tahini, swirled together with lemon, for that perfect hint of acidity, garlic, for that perfect bite, and pure maple syrup for that hint of sweetness that it’s begging for…
It’s very similar to the dressing that I use for this Cauliflower Salad with Roasted Chickpeas & Quinoa.
Of course, the maple syrup you’re using matters in this recipe. If you’ve got some in your refrigerator, look at the label. If you see more than one ingredient, it’s not pure maple syrup. I’m using 100% pure maple syrup from Canada. This natural sweetener has an unmatched flavor that adds a beautiful depth and complexity to this dish. You’ll know the real maple difference when you taste it!
- A light-red wine works well with this dish. Try a Grenache, Gamay or Barbera d’Alba.
- Gewürztraminer and Riesling are great pairings for the delicate spices in this dish.
More sweet potato recipes
- Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Crema
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sauce
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
More recipes for Fall
- Cranberry Maple Bourbon Smash Cocktail
- Butternut Squash Bisque with Maple Cream
- Hot Mulled Cider Recipe
- Green Goddess Smoothie
Did you try this feta sweet potato recipe?
If you loved this feta and sweet potato, I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a ⭐️star review⭐️! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Feta
Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 7-ounce slab feta (blotted dry)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup from Canada
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Add the rinsed farro and stir, allowing it to toast for about 1 minute. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 30-35 minutes, uncovered, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil and spices in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Spread potatoes evenly on a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Meanwhile, line a small ovenproof dish or saute pan with foil and place the feta on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Once the sweet potatoes have been in the oven for 20 minutes, add the feta to the oven and cook for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and feta from the oven and preheat the broiler to high. Drizzle the feta with the maple syrup. Broil until the top of the cheese browns and just starts to bubble.
- Add the kale to the bowl that the potatoes were in along with 1 TBSP olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Then use your hands to gently massage for 1-2 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup. Add extra water if needed to thin. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes and farro to the bowl with the kale and toss to combine. Top with cranberries, parsley, and dressing then mix to combine.
- Serve on a platter, topped with roasted feta. Enjoy.