Wondering what the best sauces for duck breast are? I’ve got you covered with this handy guide. These sauces pair with all your favorite duck recipes.
The BEST Sauces that Go With Duck
These are some of my favorite sauces to serve with a duck breast dinner.
Find one you love. Then pair it with a couple duck side dishes and you’re guaranteed an amazing meal!
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these sauces can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Sauce Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Duck Sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sauce recipes. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
What side goes good with duck?
- Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- Delicata Squash
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic
- Arugula Salad with Parmesan
- MORE —> 30+ BEST Sides for Duck
12+ BEST Sauces for Duck Breast
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ½ cup minced shallots ((1 large or 2 medium shallots))
- ¼ tsp dried thyme ((or ½ teaspoon fresh thyme) )
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef bone broth or stock
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- To a small saucepan, add wine, shallots, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the mixture reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil again. Continue cooking until this mixture reduces by half, 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids. Return the strained sauce to the saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and flour until smooth. Add this mixture to the saucepan and whisk until thickened. Enjoy immediately.