Cottage cheese is not only packed with protein, but it’s creamy and delicious too! Which makes it a great ingredient to add to both sweet and savory recipes. Here’s 35+ healthy cottage cheese recipes to try out.
With its versatility and nutritional benefits, cottage cheese is a great ingredient to have on hand in your kitchen. So next time you’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal, reach for some cottage cheese!
Here are some tips for using cottage cheese in your cooking:
- Use full-fat cottage cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Drain the cottage cheese for a few minutes before using to remove excess whey.
- Add cottage cheese to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal for a protein boost.
- Use cottage cheese in place of mayonnaise or sour cream in dips and dressings.
- Add cottage cheese to baked goods for a moist and flavorful texture.
The BEST Recipes that Use Cottage Cheese
Cottage Cheese FAQs
Cottage cheese is a good source of protein, calcium, and other nutrients. It is also a low-calorie food, making it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Cottage cheese can be eaten on its own, or it can be used in a variety of recipes. It is a good substitute for sour cream or cream cheese in dips, sauces, and desserts. Cottage cheese can also be added to smoothies, oatmeal, or yogurt.
Cottage cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days after opening the container. Be sure to keep it tightly sealed.
Benefits of Eating Cottage Cheese
- It is a good source of protein.
- It is low in calories and fat.
- It is a good source of calcium and other nutrients.
- It can help you feel full and satisfied.
- It can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- It can help improve your bone health.
- It can help boost your immune system.
More Dairy Guides
- Ricotta Recipes
- Buttermilk Recipes
- Evaporated Milk Recipes
- Condensed Milk Recipes
- Heavy Cream Recipes
- Sour Cream Recipes
- Mozzarella Recipes
- Goat Cheese Recipes
Did you try any of these cottage cheese recipes?
If you loved this roundup of sweet & savory recipes that use cottage cheese I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
35+ Cottage Cheese Recipes
Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites
Diced Green Chilis + Pepperjack Cheese
Cooked Broccoli + Cheddar Cheese
Bacon + Gruyere Cheese
Sausage + Mushrooms + Swiss Cheese
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot and place the trivet (that came with your Instant Pot) inside.
- Add eggs, monterey jack, and cottage cheese to a blender and process until smooth (about 30 seconds). Add green onion, red pepper and spinach and give it a quick pulse to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the compartments of the silicone mold, tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Lower the silicone mold into the Instant Pot. It’s a bit of a tight squeeze, but with the 6-quart Instant Pot, it fit perfectly.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure that the vent is set to sealing. Press the MANUAL (high pressure) button and set the timer to 10 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure before opening the Instant Pot.
- Remove the silicone mold from the Instant Pot and allow the egg bites to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.