Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce are so delicious! Succulent pork chops topped with a tart cherry sauce. This easy recipe is ready in 30 minutes!
This recipe for Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce is my newest comfort food creation, and it’s for sure not to be missed!
How do you make Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce?
- I started by giving my pork chops some love with a rubdown of smoky coriander, ground mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Don’t skip this step, because you really want to season those chops, to give them plenty of flavor.
- I prefer to use bone-in pork chops as they tend to cook more evenly and dry out less than the boneless variety.
- Then, I made a tart cherry sauce by simmering some frozen cherries with a bit of balsamic vinegar, shallots and red wine. It’s the the perfect combination of tangy, rich and sweet.
What do you serve with them?
- There are lots of side dish options for this yummy dish. Try serving it alongside some mashed potatoes, instant pot sweet potatoes, or buttered egg noodles. Or, click here for 45+ more side dishes for pork chops.
Wine pairings with Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce:
There’s really no excuse not to give these yummy Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce a try.
Plus, would you guess that it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish? I love that!!!
If you’re not a pork fan, this cherry sauce would also be amazing served over roasted chicken or duck.
More Pork Recipes:
- Pork Piccata
- Pork Medallions with Mojo Sauce
- Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Sous Vide Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Chops & Gravy
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
If you loved these Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 inch bone-in pork loin chops (1–thick)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Place the salt, coriander, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl and mix until evenly combined. Rub all of the spice mixture all over the pork chops, set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Stir in the cherries, red wine, and vinegar. Cook until the cherries soften and the wine has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce reduces, begin cooking the pork chops. Heat oil in a large, cast-iron or oven-safe frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chops and cook, undisturbed, until the bottoms are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Flip over and place the frying pan in the oven. Bake until the chops are golden brown on the second side and the juices run clear, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon the cherry sauce over the chops and serve.
This post was originally published in 2018. It was updated in 2022 to add new photographs. The recipe remains the same. Enjoy!