This Fennel & Celery Salad is tossed in a light citrus vinaigrette and topped with shaved parmesan and toasted pine nuts. A definite favorite in our house!
I…am…SERIOUSLY…on Christmas Cookie overload right now!!! Linzer Cookies and Cake Batter Cookies and a cookie exchange at work that my weak willpower was definitely no match for! I think I’m vibrating from all this sugar running through my system!!!
Last night I was craving something fresh and bright and crunchy. This salad made me SO HAPPY! Sliced super thin, the little bits of celery and sharp fennel blend so nicely with the light citrus dressing. Shaved Parmesan and toasted pine nuts give it an extra layer of goodness.
Fennel & Celery Salad
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 large fennel bulb very thinly sliced
- 6 celery stalks very thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces Parmesan shaved
Toss fennel, celery, pine nuts and parsley with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan.
- Unlike lettuce based salads, this salad retains its great crunch for a couple of days, so be sure to save any leftovers!
Wine Pairings for Fennel & Celery Salad:
- This salad would pair nicely with a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris. The green, mineral flavors make an awesome compliment to the bite of the fennel and the freshness of the celery.
Looking for more fennel recipes? Give these a try: