This Instant Pot Beet Salad is dressed simply with a zesty lime-yogurt, cilantro, thin-sliced jalapenos and flaky sea salt. It’s a healthy salad that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
I have to admit that beets are a bit of an acquired taste. It took me eating them a few times to really start to love them. Initially I thought that they tasted like dirt, but their flavor has really grown on me, and Rick loves beets so I’m taking one for the team. If there’s a roasted beet salad on a restaurant menu, there’s a good chance that we’re ordering it.
This Instant Pot Beet Salad is a recipe that I’ve developed to get beets on the dinner table in a hurry. While beets take nearly an hour to roast in the oven, you can make beets in half the time in your Instant Pot.
And while most of the beet salad recipes that I’ve seen incorporate goat cheese, I’m switching things up a bit by swapping out the goat cheese for a thick yogurt dressing that’s simply flavored with a bit of lime, garlic and salt & pepper. I’m also giving it a bit of a kick with some thin sliced jalapenos and cilantro.
If you’re not a fan of heat you can definitely leave out the jalapenos. Not a fan of cilantro? Swap it out for some fresh parsley or dill.
How Long Do You Cook Beets in the Instant Pot?
To make beets in the Instant Pot, add one cup of water and place the trivet inside. Add your beets and set to cook on manual (high pressure) for 30 minutes. Then, quick release the pressure. Check to be sure that the beets are tender. A knife should slide in easily. If they’re not fully cooked, return them to the Instant Pot and cook for 5-10 minutes longer. The cook time will depend on the size of your beets.
How To Roast Beets in the Oven
If you don’t have an Instant Pot you can also roast the beets in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the beets and remove the stems then wrap them in tin foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
How Do You Peel Beets?
Peeling beets is easiest when they are still slightly warm. Rub the skin off with a paper towel or with your fingers under running water.
If you loved this Instant Pot Beet Salad I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Instant Pot Beet Salad with Yogurt, Lime & Jalapeno
- 6 medium beets about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 lime zested and quartered
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove finely grated or minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno ribs & seeds removed, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Flaky salt for garnish
- Scrub the beets clean and remove the stems.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place trivet in Instant Pot and place beets on top.
- Set Instant Pot to MANUAL (high pressure) for 30 minutes.
- After the time is up, quick release the pressure and test the beets to see if they are tender. They should pierce easily with a fork. If not done, return to Instant Pot and cook on MANUAL for another 5-10 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle then remove the skins. They should slide off easily.
- Meanwhile, zest the lime. Add to a small bowl and combine with yogurt and garlic. Squeeze in the juice of one lime quarter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut the beets into wedges and arrange on a platter with jalapeno and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze one lime quarter over them. Sprinkle with flaky salt. Serve.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also roast the beets in the oven. Wrap cleaned and trimmed beets in tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Wine Pairings for Beet Salad:
- Try a sparkling wine like Cava. (Here are some great budget friendly options) The effervescence helps cut down the creaminess of this dish and the sweetness of the beets is complimented nicely by the acidity of the wine.
- Want a red wine? Try pairing this salad with a Beaujolais – Its bright, berry flavors and hint of acidity stand make a great compliment to this dish.
Looking for more salad recipes? Be sure to try these too: