This Easy White Chicken Chili can be made in under 30-minutes. Spicy and smoky it’s made with chicken, white beans, jalapenos, mild green chilis and plenty of monterey jack cheese. It’s a delicious, creamy white chicken chili that perfect for cozy nights at home.
Easy White Chicken Chili is a favorite of mine.
I’m a huge fan of chili for the mere fact that you can cook up a big batch and then have it for lunch throughout the week. Chili is quick to throw together and, in my opinion, it’s always better the second day!
As I do with many of my chili recipes, I like to throw in a splash of beer for good measure (plus, it doesn’t hurt that I get to finish off the can). I do the same thing for this Buffalo Chicken Chili.
For this batch of chicken chili, I used the remnants from this roasted chicken. A small chicken makes just enough for my husband and I to have dinner one night, and then fix a pot of chili the next.
You could also grab a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store, or, just boil a couple of chicken breasts until they’re cooked, and then shred with a fork.
Is White Chicken Chili Spicy?
- This chili has got a bit of a kick with the addition of jalapenos. If you prefer things a bit milder, go ahead and omit the jalapenos and just use two cans of green chile peppers instead.
What Spices Go In White Chicken Chili?
- Add in your usual chili seasonings of cumin (my favorite spice!), oregano and cayenne, and then let it all simmer for about 15 minutes.
Then comes the best part, stir in 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese until it’s melted and incorporated throughout the chili – Yum! It makes for an extra creamy chili and helps meld all of those great flavors together. Plus, cheese adds protein right? So, it’s basically REALLY healthy for you 😉
If you loved this Easy White Chicken Chili I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me onInstagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 4-ounce can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded (cooked chicken breast)
- 3 15-ounce cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light beer
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Avocado (for garnish)
- Sour cream (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapenos, chiles, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, beans, broth and beer and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro, sour cream and avocado.
Wine Pairings with White Chicken Chili:
- The first thing I normally reach for to pair with chili is a beer. But, if you’re looking for a wine pairing with your chili, I’d suggest a non-oaked, light bodied white. Try a dry Riesling or Pinot Gris.